What's new

Issues when posting from my Samsung phone

I have problems when I try to post from my phone in the forum's webpage. I have a Samsung S22. Every time I begin writing a post, it gradually becomes spread apart. It seems like it refreshes on the background and my text keeps getting separated by empty spaces. I end up with a post with 4 written lines and forty to hundreds of empty lines, depending on how long I stay in the message page.
Then I go to my computer, I see the post is still there but all messed up with the hundreds of empty lines.
Anyone else having these issues? Any way to fix it?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have problems when I try to post from my phone in the forum's webpage. I have a Samsung S22. Every time I begin writing a post, it gradually becomes spread apart. It seems like it refreshes on the background and my text keeps getting separated by empty spaces. I end up with a post with 4 written lines and forty to hundreds of empty lines, depending on how long I stay in the message page.
Then I go to my computer, I see the post is still there but all messed up with the hundreds of empty lines.
Anyone else having these issues? Any way to fix it?
I'm posting this with an S22 Ultra.
It's new to me, and I find the large wrapped edge screen is sensitive to my hand touching the screen at the edges.
Sometimes it will not respond to touch input properly because my hand touching the screen at the edges interferes.

I'm trying from my phone again. I'm not touching anything. I'm wondering if it has to do with the internet browser used. Which one are you using?

I see that if I write one line is fIne.
As I'm writing this, it is already getting messed up with empty lines getting added and my new text As I'm writing, starts going anywhere in my message.
Weird

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
on a phone, I use duck duck go with the site fireproofed.
I have used samsung internet, and chrome, but don't like their tab setup.

Back on the computer. I guess it is the crappy samsung internet that doesn't get along with the forum. I'll try that, thanks!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Back on the computer. I guess it is the crappy samsung internet that doesn't get along with the forum. I'll try that, thanks!
I'm sorry you're having difficulty. Personally, I find the whole samsung internet interface cumbersome and problematic. There is a world of other browsers out there, and the good thing about making the switch to another browser is that you will be able to determine if it is the browser for certain, or if it is something in the keyboard settings.
Have you tried voice to text?

I use Brave and have the same issue. If I only have a short post it works OK, if I try to post something longer it gets out of control.

I started having the same problem especially if I quote a post. Miles of blank space. This is on a Samsung A71 and before the latest Android 13 upgrade which hasn't solved it. Stock Samsung browser

I started having the same problem especially if I quote a post. Miles of blank space. This is on a Samsung A71 and before the latest Android 13 upgrade which hasn't solved it. Stock Samsung browser
I'm using Google Chrome now and it doesn't have this problem on B&B

I usually write my posts in a text editor on my phone, like QuickEdit+, then copy and paste into a browser. I don't have the blank line problem but it's annoying when the page unexpectedly scrolls while you type. Also accidentally hitting the back key can be seem to lose everything you have written, although it's usually still there.

Top Bottom