What's new

Israeli red personnas

So I'm reading rumors of the nazareth plant was supposed to shut down, but also that that was hinged on the purchase of harry's that didn't go through.
Now I'm seeing some personna from Germany that look like the Israeli reds.
Another guy said he found a bill of lading for a large shipment from the Israeli factory and that it's still running there.
I'm confused.
I have some red and I just got another 100 from eBay where the guy said they are israeli made. Hope they are.
What's the final verdict on the nazareth plant? It's still listed on the personna website as running. Did they just also start producing in germany now too?

From my picture below, there's a blue (long box) Personna sleeve containing what I have been told was the Israeli Personna Red, packaged in blue for the UK market. There are 200 blades in one package.
These are very smooth. But I feel they're not very sharp. In fact, they feel really dull when compared with the Lab Blue. Nowhere near the Astra SP in terms for f sharpness. I feel lots of tugging especially when doing my first pass with the grain.
I only use these blades in my Parker Variant Adjustable at higher settings. In milder razors like the DE89, they just don't do it for me. These blades are made in Israel. Not sure if anyone else experience the same.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

So I'm reading rumors of the nazareth plant was supposed to shut down, but also that that was hinged on the purchase of harry's that didn't go through.
Now I'm seeing some personna from Germany that look like the Israeli reds.
Another guy said he found a bill of lading for a large shipment from the Israeli factory and that it's still running there.
I'm confused.
I have some red and I just got another 100 from eBay where the guy said they are israeli made. Hope they are.
What's the final verdict on the nazareth plant? It's still listed on the personna website as running. Did they just also start producing in germany now too?
Yeah I read that the Nazareth plant is still running and also that there is a plant in Germany too. Most of the Personna Red blades in the market are made in Israel. Could be older stock. But one member here recently mentioned that he bought the Reds that were made in Germany. The blades felt similar to the ones made in Israel.
Personna has confused us for years. Not sure of the Nazareth plant will shut down or otherwise. Not sure why the need for the Germany though.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

All my personna are older stock from around 2015 when the labs were still in the blue boxes and med preps were in white. I also have the blue IP crystals and the red IP uk white packs (probably what's in the tall pack you have)
IMG_20200920_070426.jpg

My ’Reds’ are all old stock with an extra two hundred laid down on rumors of the plant closing. They are great blades for me!!

Fortunately, reports on blades from German plant are also very good. I cannot comment beyond that.

About seven years ago I bought a sleeve of IP Reds that had been packaged in Mexico. I wondered about their authenticity, but thought they were on a par with Lab Blues; I felt they were good, but not great. I took a couple of tucks with me to Paris for a month, saw some Bleue Extras in a grocery there and ended up leaving the IPs in France. Eh, bien.

Tom

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My ’Reds’ are all old stock with an extra two hundred laid down on rumors of the plant closing. They are great blades for me!!

Fortunately, reports on blades from German plant are also very good. I cannot comment beyond that.

^^^ This ^^^

:)

Top Bottom