What's new

Isopropyl Alcohol on Blades

I have sprayed my blades with alcohol when I was trying to see how many shaves I could get from a blade. It does seem to make the blade look better for longer but it didn't seem to extend blade life much if at all. Most of the time I just remove the blade from the razor after shaving, rinse everything, dry the razor and allow everything including the blade to air dry.

I have a 3 piece razor, and I loosen razor after using, and just rinse with hot water, shake out water. Then, retighten, towel dry. After second use of a new blade, I flip the blade after every use. Seems like it holds it's edge doing this. Wilkinson Swords from Germany, is a good, everyday blade in my razor. Average 7-10 shaves most blades. Sometimes, 5 is the max use of that blade. I use a few ounces of isopropyl alcohol in a sinkfull of hot water, to clean my razor, with a toothbrush, usually once a month.

I don't use alcohol. I just rinse with cold water with the handle a bit loose & give it a shake, hang up. None of my razors ever had any build up on them, always spotless.

Top Bottom