What's new

ISO: Light floral cologne suggestions

I really enjoy floral scents but some of them I have tried are still surprisingly strong and trigger headaches. I would be looking for something that would not need to be reapplied 2-3 times a day. What are some lighter offerings that you enjoy?

Thanks!
s~s

I really enjoy floral scents but some of them I have tried are still surprisingly strong and trigger headaches. ... What are some lighter offerings that you enjoy?

Thanks!
s~s
I found that it's easy to change the strength of a product by adding grain alcohol and/or water. For example, Floris #89 out of the bottle is way too lasting for me, but a much weaker solution works very well.

I find T&H Trafalgar to fit the bill, but I sometimes find colognes don't wear the same on me when compared to what popular opinion seems to dictate...

Well, there are a lot of good light floral scents though it is hard to imagine what do you like. First I recommend you to stay away from Neroli or Orange Bloosom fragrances, as I have found that those are the most prone to indice headaches.

Then you should find which kind of flower do you like.
Roses.
Aqua di Parma,
Hammam Bouquet,
Une Zeste de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine
Ungaro III
Egoiste.

Violets.
GIT,
Kouros Cologne Summer
Eau de Cartier (my favorite)
Grey Flannel (my second favorite)
Narciso Rodriguez (Wait, this is my second favorite. Though this one is more about violet leaf)

Iris
Dior Homme.
Kenzo Power.
shalimar light.
Bois d'Iris.
Prada Infusion d'Iris.

Jazmine is rarely light.

Misc Florals.
Habit Rouge,
L'air par Kenso,
No 89.

I find The Perfumed Court's site to be extremely helpful. If you go into the guide, you get all sorts of lists (best florals, best quiet scents, etc.). You can also do searches based on notes. I try to get 10ml decants cuz that gives plenty of opportunity to try when you're in different moods, etc. It surprised me how many things I liked at first, but quickly cooled on!

I really like TOBS No. 74 Original. I've never smelled the cologne, but the aftershave is a delightful floral. It is a controversial scent, though.

Edit: And it might not be as light as you are looking for.

Well, there are a lot of good light floral scents though it is hard to imagine what do you like. First I recommend you to stay away from Neroli or Orange Bloosom fragrances, as I have found that those are the most prone to indice headaches.

Then you should find which kind of flower do you like.
Roses.
Aqua di Parma,
Hammam Bouquet,
Une Zeste de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine
Ungaro III
Egoiste.

Violets.
GIT,
Kouros Cologne Summer
Eau de Cartier (my favorite)
Grey Flannel (my second favorite)
Narciso Rodriguez (Wait, this is my second favorite. Though this one is more about violet leaf)

Iris
Dior Homme.
Kenzo Power.
shalimar light.
Bois d'Iris.
Prada Infusion d'Iris.

Jazmine is rarely light.

Misc Florals.
Habit Rouge,
L'air par Kenso,
No 89.

very helpful post, thanks!

I have the TOBS #74 and it is nice for the summer but after dry down, it is not the light floral I was looking for. It is still a great scent that I wear often as it will not trigger a headache.

On a side note, I did use a sandalwood shave soap this AM that triggered a whopper one today.

s~s

Top Bottom