What's new

ISO: Hair Clippers

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was too cheap to buy the "76" but my last set of clippers I used professionally were Oster Fast Feed. Just phenomenal, probably overkill for hope use. Mine are still going strong.

One piece of advice, no matter what you use: don't cut dry hair, use blade wash after use (you'd be surprised at the gunk they get out, and let them cool off once in a while.

If you have a shallow flat bottomed bowl it makes a great way to use the blade wash. Be sure to brush off the blades first, and the was can be used more than once. It also works as a lubricant.
Then wipe the blades of gently with a paper towel.

Before use use a little (2 or 3 drops of lightweight blade oil) on the clippers. A little goes a long way. The coarser your hair the more you might need.

Hope that helps.

Wahl makes a good clipper too, as well as Andis. At least they all did 40 years ago the last time I bought some! Lol.

The "Peanut" by Wahl(?) I think? Is phenomenal for having your wife trim the back of your neck after you have cut your hair with the clipper attachments.

I'm not trying to hurt any of my fellow hair cutters businesses by the way. A well practiced, dedicated artist at cutting hair is hard to find. I am actually going to start going regularly to a nice young man that cut my hair for my son's wedding: he did a PHENOMENAL job, truly. If he were in a major city he'd be making $100 a pop. I think he charges $15, and I gave him $20 and feel cheap about it.

But I have a specific style in mind that I more than likely will mess up, so he's gonna get the business. Plus, he's got youngins at home and I don't.
The sentence was supposed to be overkill for "home" use, ha.

The "Peanut" comes with attachments as well, which would probably make it helpful for "trims" between haircuts....

The 76 looks really nice, but I need a clipper with lots of heads or whatever for changing the settings and to be able to change them easy and fast. I don't cut my hair very close or shave it.

I think this one is pretty much what I need and it's also quite inexpensive too.

54354353.jpg

The 76 looks really nice, but I need a clipper with lots of heads or whatever for changing the settings and to be able to change them easy and fast. I don't cut my hair very close or shave it.
I have an oster76 and there are many blades available. I buzz my hair and use a 1, 1.5 and 2. Swapping one blade for another takes about 3 seconds.
Many more blades are available but I don’t have any use for them.
The only disadvantage is all blades are sold separately. If you buy an adjustable unit you just swap out the blade guard or adjust the blade accordingly.

I use both the Oster 76 and the Wahl senior for many years with excellent results. You can’t go wrong with either and both are durable. The Wahl being smaller and lighter is preferred by my wife to use on my bottom neck region.

Btw, what's the difference between Wahl 4004 and Wahl 8451. Both look the same, but the former is a bit cheaper.

Nvm, it's the same clipper. I guess that's the one I'm going for and I've manage to find it a bit cheaper than most places. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom