What's new

Isana Blades (private label for Rossman-German drug store)

So I recently picked up some Isana blades while on a trip to Germany.
http://www.rossmann.de/qualitaetsprodukt/rasierklingen-classic.html

This is a private label brand sold by the Rossman chain. I really, really like these blades, got 3 shaves out of them with very little irritation or cuts and a very close shave. The is by far and away the best blade I have used, although of course there are many more to try.

I emailed Rossman and (not surprisingly) they will not tell me who makes their blades. Alas I don't make it to Germany enough but am looking for a suitable substitute sold in the USA. I know the Isana blades are made in Germany, the packaging says so.

I have tried Merkur and Wilkinson Sword blades (also both made in Germany) and these shave differently from the Isanas. Other German made blades available through some US vendors are Timor, Rotbart, and Bolzano. Anybody know who might make the Isanas or have done a comparison with other German made blades to tell which one is most similar to the Isana? If so, please let me know.

Even we Germans don´t know who makes the blades. Rossmann don´t provide information. We expect they are made by Feintechnik in Eisfeld. You can get these blades for 1,49€. But even for that cheap price, I don´t like these blades. They are not as sharp as Astra SP and not as smooth as Personna.

Cholli/Helmut Schmidt, from what I discovered, the consensus seems to be that Isanas are Croma Diamants which are made by Feintechnik in Eisfeld and available in the USA although I have not ordered any yet.

I found them much smoother than the Personna/Crystal Blues, have not tried the Reds though.

Actually, we do know that they are made by Feintechnik. It is true that Rossmann will not say anything on the matter, but Feintechnik readily admitted on manufacturing these when asked. I agree that they are very good blades.

Cholli/Helmut Schmidt, from what I discovered, the consensus seems to be that Isanas are Croma Diamants which are made by Feintechnik in Eisfeld and available in the USA although I have not ordered any yet.

I found them much smoother than the Personna/Crystal Blues, have not tried the Reds though.

Yeah, Helmut Schmidt is a real elder statesman.

Feintechnik produces Isana, Croma und probably Bolzano. In German Forums some say that wouldn´t be right. They feel a difference between these blades.

Well, faith can move mountains.

Top Bottom