What's new

Isana blades? Or Croma Diamand blades?

This is a blade that probably only Germans do know about it. It is sold under a German cosmetic company, called rossman.

Somehow this blade gives me fantastic 10 shaves with my Fatip gentile. Unfortunately it is 2.5 usd for 10 pieces. Not a good price at all.

I have read an old post here that this blade is Croma Diamand rebrand.

Does anyone uses Croma blades here still ? Anyone can share more on this subject?

Cheers

This is a blade that probably only Germans do know about it. It is sold under a German cosmetic company, called rossman.

Somehow this blade gives me fantastic 10 shaves with my Fatip gentile. Unfortunately it is 2.5 usd for 10 pieces. Not a good price at all.

I have read an old post here that this blade is Croma Diamand rebrand.

Does anyone uses Croma blades here still ? Anyone can share more on this subject?

Cheers

Not a blade I have heard or seen before, can return you post pictures of the packaging and the blade itself?

QjJaNf1uOM5H9tg0_jqqNhhrPSaarz77NmYtcIly52M.jpg

I have shaved with both the ISANA and the now discontinued Croma Diamant. They are not the same blades, also attested by the fact that Croma is out of production. ISANA are expensive indeed, but readily available at Rossmann. The only other blades so readily available in Germany are the Wilkinson Sword and now the KCG. I tried over 10 ISANA blades, but they all were not sharp/smooth enough for me. Croma Diamant was sharper, but even rougher.

Tried Rossmann's Isana blade twice. Not impressed. According to my face-o-meter they appear quite smooth but too mild for my liking.The retail price in Rossmann's drugstores here in Germany is approx. 1.50 Euro /10 blades.

I'd always grap a tuck of Wilkinson Sword Germany instead (2.40 Euro /10 blades).

Last edited:
I had bought a pack of those back in January 2020. If my memory serves me well, in the back of the package it was stated that they had a double chrome coating.

They are quite nice, smooth feeling, they did not give me any irritation, but they did give me a couple of unwarranted weepers.

IMG_20200117_182715.jpg

Thanks to all. So it seems no one knows the original blades about Isana. It's ok.
The consensus on German forums is that they are Cromas from Eisfeld (I am copy/pastying and translating):
Which blades are availabe in which supermarkets?
  • Wilkinson -> almost everywhere
  • Personna red -> at Real, house brand "Tipp" or "La Ligne Shave" (or is it Super + Platinum?)
  • Dorco -> house brand drugstore Müller (I cannot remember the house brand name)
  • Croma (Feintechnik Eisfeld) -> Rossmann house brand "Isana"
  • Derby extra -> Turkish supermarket

And here you have it gents, my spamming is complete.

IMG_20210228_232743.jpg

Very little to no irritation, some micro-weepers during shave, all in all very enjoyable, and a great post-shave feel. The blade seems high quality to me, very carefully wrapped, it feels very clean on the face, doesn't cause any stinging.

Btw, I found the following info while browsing the web about the company that makes these blades, which I did not know.
At first glance, the product looks like a dinosaur in our high-tech world: thousands upon thousands of "safety blades" or "double-edged blades" are manufactured here every day. But in fact the classic razor blade is extremely lively, explains managing director Frederic Handt. The single blades are still a bestseller, especially in Africa and Asia. But there are big regional differences, says Handt: For the African market, the blades have to be made of special carbon steel because of the hard whiskers, the European blade would get dull too quickly. "In Europe and the USA, the classic razor with safety blade is also experiencing a renaissance - as a lifestyle product."

Source

@P1C0

The idea is where can we get a 100 piece (bulk order) with a better price now, even rebranded ones.
Croma Diamant is available on Razor Blades Club for 14 euros per 100, as well as on Amazon for 34 euros per 200.

I cannot find any information about them being discontinued. Now, I know that it was pointed out that they are not the same blade, but what else could it be? Perhaps it was a bad batch or something. Unfortunately, I have too many blades already, but if you buy something from RBC you could throw in a Croma Diamant for a couple of cents to verify.

Croma Diamant is available on Razor Blades Club for 14 euros per 100, as well as on Amazon for 34 euros per 200.

I cannot find any information about them being discontinued. Now, I know that it was pointed out that they are not the same blade, but what else could it be? Perhaps it was a bad batch or something. Unfortunately, I have too many blades already, but if you buy something from RBC you could throw in a Croma Diamant for a couple of cents to verify.

I read about them being discontinued in a German forum. Maybe the ones still being sold are old stock. The fact that the ISANA is now made in Vietnam is also a hint.

How do these vietnamese blades shave?

I read about them being discontinued in a German forum. Maybe the ones still being sold are old stock. The fact that the ISANA is now made in Vietnam is also a hint.

How do these vietnamese blades shave?
I haven't opened them yet, will probably do so soon.

The last pack (made in Germany) I had bought in January 2020, perhaps it really takes a lot of time to clear old stock.

Btw, one could make a claim for false advertising here :p Because they retained the description of "double chrome coating", but I don't think the Dorcos are like that.

Top Bottom