What's new

Is Wolfman raising prices again

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 If I was to pay for that legendary premium finished razor I’d want to whole thing even the box/paperwork.

Also I thought Dufour (Wolfman) looks very unfavorably on those flipping his razors for profit. Rumor has it he won’t sell again to “flippers”

I'd also want it come with a female to shave me with it for those prices.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
More like what a supposed expert does to increases prices after blowing sunshine u p everyone's lower posterior's which is suppress supply. Undersell so you can over deliver when pushed by a customer for any given order while feigning being overworked and not having enough time to fullfill demand. Then when the mark later figures it out that a high price piece of metal doesn't get the job done better than a sub $100 razor with the same geometries for the razor head they go on about craftsmanship instead of calling it for what it is so they can offload their overpriced tool they now are billing as artwork to someone else so as to not take a loss on something they should have never bought in the first place.

Other's may differ but that is my take on this.

Of course everyone is welcome to their opinion, although I'm guessing you might have postulated this without having spent much time (any?) using a Wolfman.

I just have two points of disagreement:

I had to wait about 6 months for my razor request to hit the top of the pile, so the demand was beyond capacity years ago. You can't simply crank out quality pieces with a considerable amount of hand work.

I have a sizeable collection of razors, a handful of which are sub $100 and a handful of which are closer to $200. The stainless razors all work better for me than the sub $100 razors, and I have not used anything but the Wolfman since it arrive at my home years ago.

Anyone who is lucky enough to purchase a Wolfman can easily and alarmingly quickly sell it for what they paid, so I'm not sure your flight of fancy actually holds up in this case.

I have had hundreds of successful shaves with sub $100 razors and many do all their lives. I also spend a good deal of time driving sub $1,000 cars. That doesn't mean they were the equal of expensive cars - it just means that most days they got me where I was going.

So enjoy your shaves with whatever equipment you prefer, but don't assume you've figured out why others prefer something different. It's not a competition and nobody watches us shaving in our bathrooms.

Of course everyone is welcome to their opinion, although I'm guessing you might have postulated this without having spent much time (any?) using a Wolfman.

I just have two points of disagreement:

I had to wait about 6 months for my razor request to hit the top of the pile, so the demand was beyond capacity years ago. You can't simply crank out quality pieces with a considerable amount of hand work.

I have a sizeable collection of razors, a handful of which are sub $100 and a handful of which are closer to $200. The stainless razors all work better for me than the sub $100 razors, and I have not used anything but the Wolfman since it arrive at my home years ago.

Anyone who is lucky enough to purchase a Wolfman can easily and alarmingly quickly sell it for what they paid, so I'm not sure your flight of fancy actually holds up in this case.

I have had hundreds of successful shaves with sub $100 razors and many do all their lives. I also spend a good deal of time driving sub $1,000 cars. That doesn't mean they were the equal of expensive cars - it just means that most days they got me where I was going.

So enjoy your shaves with whatever equipment you prefer, but don't assume you've figured out why others prefer something different. It's not a competition and nobody watches us shaving in our bathrooms.

You don't understand the psychology of how a con man works do you? Equating cars to razors is apples to oranges when you factor in all the moving parts, lot more to go wrong. A razor is a very simple tool that follows a few simple geometric rules based upon the shave plane, blade exposure, gap and blade angle. That stuff is not dependent upon hand craftsmanship to build a good working tool these days. A wolfman that is identical in those regards to a dollar store special will perform just the same. It is a little bit different than comparing a Yugo to a Maserati here.The fact you felt a need to defend your purchase is what con men rely on from an emotional and physiological standpoint so they don't have to in the court of public opinion.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
You don't understand the psychology of how a con man works do you? Equating cars to razors is apples to oranges when you factor in all the moving parts, lot more to go wrong. A razor is a very simple tool that follows a few simple geometric rules based upon the shave plane, blade exposure, gap and blade angle. That stuff is not dependent upon hand craftsmanship to build a good working tool these days. A wolfman that is identical in those regards to a dollar store special will perform just the same. It is a little bit different than comparing a Yugo to a Maserati here.The fact you felt a need to defend your purchase is what con men rely on from an emotional and physiological standpoint so they don't have to in the court of public opinion.
So you’re saying that anyone who uses anything more expensive than ‘a dollar store special’ has been the victim of a con? Wow. Why are you on this shaving forum, exactly?

A guy named BBS-1 is arguing that DuFour is a con man?

And @Tester28 is defended by a prior "enemy"...then gets labeled a "flipper" for asking 25% above MSRP on an 86SB.

Hunter's Full moon got folks all twisted up tonight. Hehehe.

Got the Wolf haters howling....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So you’re saying that anyone who uses anything more expensive than ‘a dollar store special’ has been the victim of a con? Wow. Why are you on this shaving forum, exactly?
Well now I know to whom to turn if I should ever need a lesson on the psychology of con men.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
1571008873388.gif

A guy named BBS-1 is arguing that DuFour is a con man?

And @Tester28 is defended by a prior "enemy"...then gets labeled a "flipper" for asking 25% above asking on an 86SB.

Hunter's Full moon got folks all twisted up tonight. Hehehe.

Got the Wolf haters howling....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That was funny! Howling at the moon!

I have to say that my best razors by far are the more expensive artisan made razors. For me, there's a huge difference between those and the cheaper zamak mass produced razors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom