What's new

Is Witch Hazel a hoax?

I buy cheap alcohol-based witch hazel and don't expect medical results. For me, it is just an inexpensive base for home brewed AS. I certainly won't pay upscale prices.

My understanding from web reading is that almost all witch hazel extracts in the US are sourced from one extractor. Of course, different grades and carriers (alcohol and water) are available.

I starting using it a couple of years ago after each shave. I also use it as a base for an aspirin mask to treat ingrowns when I get them. I use it to cleanse my skin each night too. It is very inexpensive and I see a slight improvement in my general skin condition. It definitely does reduce redness for me.

I find that witch hazel is really good at removing any soap or cream reside left behind after rinsing. It feels nice, so I use it now and then.

I have been using witch hazel for 6 years now and can say it does help my oily skin. Beyond that, I don’t get any noticeable benefit. I also find the store brand to have the same impact on my oily skin as the higher priced witch hazel.

been using Thayer's after each shave after hearing of some people on here using it and it works great for me so far, feels kinda nice too

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I say Wikipedia be damned! I use Dickinson's Witch hazel because my Grandfather used it. And the LOTH approves.

I use a homemade blend of drug store witch hazel, rose water, and glycerin. It has a very high concentration of witch hazel compared to Thayers, and I find it does reduce redness versus when I don’t use it and stick to just glycerine and rose water alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom