What's new

Is Wendy OK?. Tornado In ST. Louis.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Does anyone know if Wendy and her family are ok after the tornado hit in Missouri?. Is her house ok?.

Clayton

I sent a PM to her on Friday night. She is fine, so is GreekGuy, and _MementoMori_. No need to worry about those members. I could not think of anyone else off the top off my head in the St. Louis area.

I live on the south side of town, got a lot of hail (3 rounds that day) but no damage. I had a buddy that was in the airport concourse that got hit. He's ok but it really freaked him out.

So far it has been amazing up here. A good bit of damage but only minor injuries and no deaths. The airport that was hit is only about five miles from where we live! Makes me start listening a little closer to our tornado sirens.

So far it has been amazing up here. A good bit of damage but only minor injuries and no deaths. The airport that was hit is only about five miles from where we live! Makes me start listening a little closer to our tornado sirens.

Its interesting. I live more in the city area, but I've never really paid attention to the sirens. For as long as I can remember, a tornado has never actually hit the city or the county. Its always been to the south or west. I may start paying a little more attention now. The airport was hit pretty badly. For better or worse, I think it was the only place really hit strong by the storm, which seems odd if you think about all the areas it had to go through to get there.

I sent a PM to her on Friday night. She is fine, so is GreekGuy, and _MementoMori_. No need to worry about those members. I could not think of anyone else off the top off my head in the St. Louis area.

Good to know! Tyx for the update.

Its interesting. I live more in the city area, but I've never really paid attention to the sirens. For as long as I can remember, a tornado has never actually hit the city or the county. Its always been to the south or west. I may start paying a little more attention now. The airport was hit pretty badly. For better or worse, I think it was the only place really hit strong by the storm, which seems odd if you think about all the areas it had to go through to get there.

Prolly cause it was built on a former trailer park site........:lol::lol::lol:

When I was stationed @ Fort Leonard Wood, it was a 2 and 1/2 hour drive before reaching the Loo-all the counties in between were dry, so if you didn't get anything to drink before leaving base, you had to wait until you got to St. Looey. really kept the amount of AWOLs down-that and the bears in the woods.

marty

STL checking in and all is well here just west of the city. We had some rain wash out a bit of grass, but thats about as bad as the damage was for us.

The Loo? Funny, the only people who call it that are transplants. The way you can tell a native is if they ask you, "Where did you go to high schoool?"

Those of us in the Army called it that before Nelly.

marty

Nelly, I guess he has a place on Lake St. Louis now and got out of the hood. Of course, if you're a Brit a Loo is a toilet which is pretty much where Nelly is from. I grew up in St. Louis and never heard it called the Loo until I moved to Denver and heard an attorney, who attended school there, call it "the Loo".

Last edited:
Top Bottom