What's new

Is USPS international shipping still working?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
FWIW, I ordered some inkwell bases from Italian Barber in Canada about two weeks ago. Items have been sitting in Chicago for about a week, and are now on their way here to New York.

Check out the USPS website. It's on the front page.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
if you follow the international mail services link, you get a list of the undesireables. i haven't dealt with any of them myself.

Temporary Service Suspensions
Due to widespread transportation cancellations and restrictions, the Postal Service™ will temporarily suspend international mail service, except GXG, to the following destinations:

• Angola
  • Benin
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Botswana*
  • Cameroon
  • Cayman Islands*
  • Chad*
  • Cook Islands
  • Costa Rica
  • Ecuador*
  • Fiji*
  • French Polynesia*
  • Gambia
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras*
  • India*
  • Kuwait*
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Laos
  • Lebanon
  • Libya*
  • Madagascar*
  • Malawi
  • Maldives*
  • Moldova
  • Mongolia*
  • Mozambique
  • New Caledonia*
  • Panama*
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Paraguay
  • Peru*
  • Republic of the Congo
  • Samoa*
  • Saudi Arabia*
  • Senegal
  • Seychelles
  • Solomon Islands
  • South Africa*
  • Sri Lanka*
  • Sudan
  • Tajikistan
  • Tanzania
  • Timor-Leste
  • Tonga
  • Uganda
  • Uruguay
  • Vanuatu
  • Venezuela
  • Zimbabwe*

I have a non-shaving package coming from the U.K. via cheap, un-tracked shipping, got shipping notice yesterday. I'll just say my expectations are minimal; if I get it within 4 weeks I'll count it as a win.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Awaiting a shipment of cigars out of Zurich. Usually takes a week. Over a month now. International shipping has slowed significantly.

Shipping is a little slower across the board right now. Specifically related to this thread, USPS doesn't really have anything to do with receiving international shipments until it gets to the US. Then it just becomes another domestic shipment, essentially. So USPS international shipping is still working great, but you're not actually dealing with USPS international shipping. You're at the mercy of the other country's postal service until it lands here.

Received my proraso order from the UK today. It was shipped 3/25, made it to NY in a couple days and then sat in NY for a couple weeks before moving on. My previous order from the same store was delivered in a bit over a week.

I ordered some DE blades from Germany middle of last month. The usual delivery time is supposed to be 6-10 business days. They did ship a day after I ordered, but I guessing it's a customs delay. I'll give it another week or two before I contact the vendor.

I made the mistake of ordering a tracked package from Spain to Sweden two weeks ago. It usually takes a couple of days. I can see the package on the Spanish post tracking site. The status is that it's being sorted for further international shipping. It's been the same since the day after I ordered it. I'm not complaining. Spain has some serious issues to deal with, so I'll wait a couple of weeks more before I contact the vendor.

It's working like my digestion: barely any movement. I'm coming up on the 25 day acceptable delivery time-frame for my Connaught order and am starting to worry a little!

It's working like my digestion: barely any movement. I'm coming up on the 25 day acceptable delivery time-frame for my Connaught order and am starting to worry a little!
It seems shipping from UK specifically has slowed to a crawl (multiple anecdotes from several people I know), though definitely not as bad as from continental Europe (Spain specifically). I placed an order with Connaught 3/9, shipped 3/10, received 3/23, which was only a few days longer than previous experiences with them. I have a different package from UK coming that shipped 4/7 that I anticipate won't show up on my doorstep until mid-May based on nothing more than others' current experiences.

Was supposed to have a package here March 30- April 6th at the latest. It's a week past that. It's from India, no surprise were in the middle of a global pandemic.

All things considered things are running smoothly compared to what I expected. Just try to plan ahead and order early.

Even domestically in the States things are dragging in some areas. People in my neighborhood have been commenting how USPS (which has always been timely & dependable) package delivery has been a bit of a mess lately. Even ordering from Amazon can entail upwards of a month wait til shipping (I know, an entirely different matter, just sayin' there's a cascading effect).

I have a package coming from Russia that's been sitting in customs, either Russian or US, since March 23. It has been one month today since I bought the item. One more week until the ebay last expected delivery date is reached.

I have a watch coming from Australia, was shipped on April 6th and no updates since so I have no idea when I will get it.

I have two kamisori coming from The Netherlands, and they are about 4 days past due according to the last estimated delivery dates from PostNL. :(

I didnt even get regular US mail yesterday at all.

Received 2 boxes (one order in total) from UK to USA shipped 3/31 received on 4/11. That's faster than some shipments in normal times, and I receive a lot of international postal shipments for business stuff so i know what the timeframes are. The postal system sometimes has its issues but right now I have so much respect for all these workers, they are really doing an unbelievable job, we should all be grateful

I'm in the UK and have been waiting a month for an item from the USA. It's tracked but it's on the way to the next destination, wherever that is. At the moment, I couldn't even tell you which country it's in.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom