What's new

Is USPS international shipping still working?

I've avoided anything that involves international shipping because I think it's a crapshoot. On domestic shipment, seems that all vendors are slower in getting packages out the door, but that's to be expected. One they are shipped, I've found that USPS shipping times are more or less normal. Have experienced a couple of delays with UPS, but nothing outrageous thus far.

Got from the UK, 23days (usually 10d). It's all good....UK NYC (hot zones) then down to the south.....
That's actually quicker than I was anticipating at this point in time. I live in the Midwest and would be ecstatic if my package from UK got here by April 30 (which would be 23 days from shipment). A friend of mine in Surrey has told me that Royal Mail service there isn't even delivering every day. so I have to believe outgoing international shipments are impacted on that side of the pond.

What is really weird about this is I ordered from AoS almost 2 weeks ago at this point and my entire order from them is still "Not Found" (order status) and my email to customer service says they are just being slow because of increased demand. (Not too slow to keep sending ads to order new things though!)

After that order (getting bored of waiting) and reading this forum too much, I ordered a sample pack for Truefitt (USA) and those guys pretty much sent the delivery in 2 days within the US.

After that I ordered (still reading this forum too much) from Castle Forbes (UK) and that order is somewhat in limbo and Executive Shaving (UK). With apologies to the brits but Brexit related $/Pound exchange making stuff cheaper, it is just cheaper to buy in the UK and ship over here. The Castle Forbes order seems to be invisible (I have not got any updates) but Executive Shaving pretty much packed it off and sent it via Royal Mail which apparently is actually DHL (perhaps they shipped it) and it comes in 2 days. So that means the executive shaving order was the 17th and arrives on the 22nd according to DHL which isn't too shabby [so 5 days from order to delivery (according to tracking)].

If by Thursday AoS doesn't have an update I am going to cancel. I was getting a bit worried they were going to declare bankruptcy and eat my credit card # given some of the discussions here, but I assume if they are P&G that should not really be possible ?

Avi

Last edited:
i have to ship something to south korea and have no clue if it will get held up..... i would think its country specific on how they are limiting imports.

My experience is that domestic US shipping is all over the place. Not surprising given the circumstances. Some stuff gets to me quickly, other things take considerably longer than usual.

And good luck if you order anything from Amazon that isn't shipped by a third-party vendor.

My experience is that domestic US shipping is all over the place. Not surprising given the circumstances. Some stuff gets to me quickly, other things take considerably longer than usual.

And good luck if you order anything from Amazon that isn't shipped by a third-party vendor.
Just this week I've received items form a single order I placed ~2.5 weeks ago, all items fulfilled by Amazon, most expensive individual item was $15, and I am not a Prime member anymore & opted for free shipping that comes w/ orders >$25. I ordered 4 items, and got 4 different shipments 2 received yesterday, 2 today. Guessing their warehouses are a mess these days; I've never had orders split in this fashion before and I have bought....well, let's just say quite a bit, from Amazon the last 12 years or so.

I recently ordered a Shavemac synthetic brush, and it took 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure USPS delivered it. I also have a razor on the way from the UK, and it was shipped on April 16th. I'll see how long that takes.

I have an order from Spain, ordered 4/13 arrived in US this morning. USPS tracking is working with the CORREOS Tracking number. Should be to me not later than 4/27. Looks like things are starting to move around again.

My order from the UK on a Friday evening of the 17th from executive shaving (Glasgow UK) came arrived via Royal Mail / DHL today on the 22nd (USA -> PA)

Just this week I've received items form a single order I placed ~2.5 weeks ago, all items fulfilled by Amazon, most expensive individual item was $15, and I am not a Prime member anymore & opted for free shipping that comes w/ orders >$25. I ordered 4 items, and got 4 different shipments 2 received yesterday, 2 today. Guessing their warehouses are a mess these days; I've never had orders split in this fashion before and I have bought....well, let's just say quite a bit, from Amazon the last 12 years or so.

The other day I received one package with two items from Amazon that were part of two different orders. They've shipped stuff from orders with multiple items separately in the past, but never had this happen before. Still waiting on items that I ordered a month ago. Nothing essential, but one is listed as out of stock. If Amazon tells me I'm not going to get it because it's OOS, I'm going to be royally POed

I was wondering if anyone knows if international shipping has been delayed or stopped. I just purchased 2 razors from Australia and was wondering what to expect. I'm located in Phoenix, Arizona in the USA

I'm from Sydney. Everything is working but just a LOT slower than usual. I heard one of the couriers saying to another resident in the apartment block that they are completely run off their feet because so many ppl are ordering online now.

ppl buy razors from "down under"?

I didn't realize that there was much available down here. I've not had much luck on the Aussie version of eBay as compared to the USA version so I'm surprised at this. But then i pretty much only shop vintage for razors. If i can ask, are these new or vintage products?

I read an ad in the B/S/T section where someone mentioned that he usually ships anywhere but thought that he should limit sales to the CONUS

This is a bit of a disappointment to be honest. I've found this in the B/S/T sections of other forums as well (watches, wallets) It seems that many forum sellers limit the 'good stuff' to conus only. It can make it hard for collectors outside of USA to source certain items. On the plus side i guess that helps our wallets!

i rely on lots of international shipping and despite the bigger carriers saying they are operating, i see lots of delays and disruption. Pretty frustrating but nothing to do

I think it's going to be like this for a few more weeks or possibly even months until all the supply lines adjust to the current changes. I actually think this current situation is going to be a real boost for companies who have well set up online systems and courier services etc even after its all settled down. Many more ppl are getting used to ordering online when they want stuff. The new habit is going to stick for many ppl.

The general advice everywhere seems to be "expect delays and slow service".
Some countries will be even slower if they are reeling from this
situation....ie. Italy, Spain etc. Using Paypal will be a good idea if you must
purchase.

I've ordered from the USA with only minimal disruption given the circumstances. I imagine it could be worse in some of the countries mentioned.

After that order (getting bored of waiting) and reading this forum too much, I ordered a sample pack for Truefitt (USA) and those guys pretty much sent the delivery in 2 days within the US.

After that I ordered (still reading this forum too much)

lol ... i have that exact same problem so i understand completely!!

If by Thursday AoS doesn't have an update I am going to cancel.

I'm new here and i think it shows. I know that i should know who AoS is as it kind of looks familiar. But I couldn't figure it out even after googling. Can someone help put me out of my misery please :)

Last edited:
Art of shaving
I'm from Sydney.

I'm new here and i think it shows. I know that i should know who AoS is as it kind of looks familiar. But I couldn't figure it out even after googling. Can someone help put me out of my misery please :)

Art of Shaving :) they are basically the mall version of fancy pants shaving in the US and the folks on the forum seemed to like them so were the safe initial bet over companies I hadn’t heard of before the initial slight OCD scouring of these forums.

btw congrats on not being on fire!

Purchased a straight that needs to get shipped out of Spain on April 13th.
says expected delivery is May 10th.
we shall see.

Ordered some Gem blades from Connaught on 4/11...they shipped 4/13 and I haven’t heard anything since.

Ordered a Vector from Blackland on the 15th and even though he shipped immediately and he’s only two states away, it’ll be 9 days in transit when it shows tomorrow.

USPS is getting over WORKED.

As a FedEx guy, I know what they’re going thru and I hope this situation resolves soon. There’s no way we or they can keep this up.

Purchased a straight that needs to get shipped out of Spain on April 13th.
says expected delivery is May 10th.
we shall see.
My order was made on the 12th and will be delivered by monday. If the tracking stops updating from the Spanish end, check the same number with your domestic carrrier.

Again, I realize this is going beyond the OP's initial inquiry, but a friend has a shipment coming (untracked, NOT-expedited) from a shaving goods vendor in the U.K. and they advise him it'll likely take 30 days for delivery in the U.S. They even advised that paying extra for expedited, tracked shipping is not necessarily a guarantee of quick(er) delivery. Apparently, domestic parcel delivery within the U.K. that typically took 1-2 days now can take upwards of 1-2 weeks. Royal Mail appears to be slammed due to multiple variables.

Top Bottom