What's new

Is Tobaccocellar.com no more?

Indeed, I am. I was actually going to ask the same question. Thankfully I noticed it was having issues a week or so ago and downloaded the backup. I'm now just using a spreadsheet in google docs...

Oh...crap! I think I have a tab open on my laptop at home, maybe I can grab the info. I haven't downloaded a backup in several months. :scared:

I will be severely hosed if it is kaput, hopefully it's just temporary server issues.

Just tried to visit it and it's down for me as well.

I'm glad that I went with ThePipeTool.com... for now at least.

BTW - if you have a backup file for Tobacco Cellar, I believe that you can upload it to TPT.

I'm lacking any sort of backup worth mentioning as well. *sigh*

Doing a bit of digging and troubleshooting, and it doesn't look good to me. It goes way past website or even webserver issues. My best guess is the company that they were using for server hosting either went under and closed shop.. or they suffered some sort of massive critical failure, since the DNS hosting servers themselves are completely offline.

Just tried to visit it and it's down for me as well.

I'm glad that I went with ThePipeTool.com... for now at least.

BTW - if you have a backup file for Tobacco Cellar, I believe that you can upload it to TPT.
I thought about doing that (uploading to TPT), but decided to just maintain a spreadsheet on my own.

Oh...crap! I think I have a tab open on my laptop at home, maybe I can grab the info. I haven't downloaded a backup in several months. :scared:

I will be severely hosed if it is kaput, hopefully it's just temporary server issues.

Make sure you don't refresh your page. They had this issue a week or so ago, but it came back. Even if it does come back I'm too scared to keep using it.

I thought about doing that (uploading to TPT), but decided to just maintain a spreadsheet on my own.

Make sure you don't refresh your page. They had this issue a week or so ago, but it came back. Even if it does come back I'm too scared to keep using it.
If it comes back, but I see a change in who they are using for DNS/webhosting, I'll still use them (with more studious backups downloaded, of course).

I only really use it to keep track of how many pounds are in my cellar. Though I've reached the point where by the time the FDA regs kick in I'll have enough tobacco to give to any future grandchildren.

I signed up at TPT, but I really really really don't want to re-enter everything. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a few days at least.

I signed up at TPT, but I really really really don't want to re-enter everything. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a few days at least.
I hear ya, since a lot of mine wouldn't even be re-entering... it would start with having to weigh out a lot of the stuff I jar'd up way back when I started, before I was labeling things as accurately as I do now. *sigh*

Maybe they upgraded their site with the same guys who did P&C's ordering and shipping software. LOL

I do hope they come back up, I likely won't bother entering all my stuff again with another site.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I just really don't want to go back to TPT. That was what I started with, but I switched to TC when I noticed that TPT was not adding my stash up correctly. There were quite a few problems on that site. I certainly hope that they've fixed a number of their algorithms.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Ship all of your tobacco to me, and for a nominal fee I will catalog it for you. I will send it back, minus my nominal fee, within the month.

So there is some improvement, the ISP and hosting servers themselves are back up and online. Hopefully just a matter of time till the website itself is up and running.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I just put handwritten labels on my tobacco jars and then go look at them to see what I have.

I guess I need to get with the times and put all of that stuff in a database.

I'm so lost.

I just put handwritten labels on my tobacco jars and then go look at them to see what I have.

I guess I need to get with the times and put all of that stuff in a database.

I'm so lost.
That method isn't overly efficient when tracking 60+ pounds of stashed tins and jars, with a large degree of variety to the stash. I wish keeping up on what I had was as simple.

Top Bottom