What's new

Is Tobaccocellar.com no more?

:)

I work in aviation training, and you wouldn't believe some of the squawks we get. Aircraft mechanics see the same silliness, too.
I read a list of pilot complaints to the aircraft mechanics once online, and yeah, there was much silliness in there to be had.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I read a list of pilot complaints to the aircraft mechanics once online, and yeah, there was much silliness in there to be had.
At another center I worked out, I had one instructor who couldn't spell bulb to save his life. He always said "such and such blub is burned out". I always answered back "replaced blub". My supervisor was checking logbooks, and started going through mine. He flipped through a couple pages, stopped, and raised an eyebrow. Flip a couple more pages, stop. This happened about 4 more times (that instructor had been busy). He finally shook his head and walked away.

At another center I worked out, I had one instructor who couldn't spell bulb to save his life. He always said "such and such blub is burned out". I always answered back "replaced blub". My supervisor was checking logbooks, and started going through mine. He flipped through a couple pages, stopped, and raised an eyebrow. Flip a couple more pages, stop. This happened about 4 more times (that instructor had been busy). He finally shook his head and walked away.
Last week I got a ticket passed up from level 1 with the complaint that a router's connection was "throwing packets". Was very difficult for me to not put snark in the notes after I fixed the issue. lol

A Marine buddy of mine once told me about the "four foot drop" troubleshooting method. :lol1:
I cannot overstate the recuperative effect a good slam or well-placed kick has on high-powered vacuum tube (old school) communication equipment. We call "percussive maintenance".

Back up and running, lots of tech talk, process guys say, "Grab your backups (extracts) while you can."

Top Bottom