What's new

Is Tobaccocellar.com no more?

So, since yesterday was unusually nasty weather (coldest May 7 in recorded history in San Diego, and raining all day), I ended up just staying inside and watching baseball most of the day. I also invested a couple hours going through old bank statements to accurately piece together my pipe acquisitions to enter them in TPT. I'm still not sold on their format, but tobaccocellar has me a little antsy. If they don't get their act together soon, I'll be forced to swap over. :angry:

Yeah, it isn't looking good. So there are active DNS records, it does respond with PINGs and Trace routes. And the domain doesn't expire until Dec 2017. It looks like the server is just not responding to HTTP requests. Could be just a web server issue. Or the HTTP/S sites could be disabled. Of course it could just be that the APP Pools stopped. But if they did, you would think someone would have restarted them.

This is not making me feel good. I started with The Pipe Tool, but didn't really care for it, so moved everything to Tobacco Cellar. Looks like I may have to go back to TPT. At leas I have everything in an excel sheet, so I don't have to dig everything back out again.

Yeah, it isn't looking good. So there are active DNS records, it does respond with PINGs and Trace routes. And the domain doesn't expire until Dec 2017. It looks like the server is just not responding to HTTP requests. Could be just a web server issue. Or the HTTP/S sites could be disabled. Of course it could just be that the APP Pools stopped. But if they did, you would think someone would have restarted them.
There are active DNS and webservers now, yeah. They all came up a few days ago. For the first 3-4 days all the holdings of the hosting company were down. Now though, there's no reason I can find for the site to still be down. :(

I checked the moment I read Ronnie's post. It was all good for me. :thumbup:
Yeah, just checked from my work VPN, and I can get in there. They moved the hosting to a new ISP, and I still have the old DNS cached. It'll sort itself out in the next 24-48 hours here at home as well.

Yeah, just checked from my work VPN, and I can get in there. They moved the hosting to a new ISP, and I still have the old DNS cached. It'll sort itself out in the next 24-48 hours here at home as well.

You can always do a ipconfig /flushdns from a command prompt and that should take care of it for you.

lol Yeah. I spent almost 10 years doing DNS, hosted webserver, and hosted email server support for a telco/datacenter. Now it's just level 2 NOC at another telco.

I hear you, brother. 21 years in the IT game. Currently at US European Command in Stuttgart, Germany. Senior Systems Engineer for Unified Communications.

You can always do a ipconfig /flushdns from a command prompt and that should take care of it for you.

Yeah, I figured if the TTL hadn't auto expired by the time I was off work and awake tomorrow afternoon, I'd give it the flush.

You could always co-tabulate your intrinsical fotruntion file to re-establish cofuntionation with the remote zenith capacitor. Now if that doesn't work, try turning it off and back on again.

2:01

Top Bottom