What's new

Is this Silver Tip?

I purchased this recently and am new. I've used this twice. I paid for a silver tip but I was just on their website and it looks like they could have sent me the finest badger. Am I wrong?

Yeah, that looks right...keep in mind that cameras and monitors do not always display colors correctly (and I've also seen silvertip brushes with slightly altered coloration in the pics, bringing up the blue or reducing yellow to make the tips look brighter/whiter). If you were expecting a more SILVER appearance, you'd be hard pressed to find something like that in anything but the very higest hair grades (Rooney's Finest, Plisson High Mountain White, Shavemac D01, etc.).

Thanks for your response GoldenMonkey.

The box just says shavemac shaving brush and there is nothing inside such as a mini-manual,etc.

There is a # on the side 25-62-21-3

If anyone can confirm this I would be very appreciative. Accidents happen and it just doesn't look like the silver tip in the pic. Thx.

The box just says shavemac shaving brush and there is nothing inside such as a mini-manual,etc.

If anyone can confirm this I would be very appreciative. Accidents happen and it just doesn't look like the silver tip in the pic. Thx.

That looks like the 21mm silvertip from WCS. I have the 23mm silvertip from them and, except that it says 23 instead of 21, the code is exactly the same.

It is a great brush, enjoy it!

I've been tinkering around with the custom brush designer on the Shavemac website and think I've figured out what those numbers mean.

The first number is the handle style, the second number is the handle color, the third number is the knot size, and the last number is the hair quality. For hair quality, 1 is pure, 2 is finest, and 3 is silvertip. The numbering scheme is consistent on both the Shavemac and WCS sites though they are noted differently.

Unless someone switched your brush, you have a silvertip.

Top Bottom