What's new

Is this ok??

I store my razor in a mason jar in a dry environment.after I'm done shaving i dry it with a hair dryer to avoid rust.I dont use water when i shave only a clean cloth with whom i wipe my blade .the razor is never in the bathroom,not even iwhen it's in the mason jar.

Whatever works for you. If I had to do that every shave, I think I’d go back to carts. But really, it’s whatever works for you. Man... it’s crazy how badly I abuse my blades and not get any rust.

8C0AB82E-2C8F-41EE-A984-09792CCD703C.jpeg
I bought a small plastic case with drawers lined with microfiber cloths to store mine. The problem with a mason jar is condensation IMHO.

Well thecnicaly if i dry the **** out of it with the hair dryer before?? You still think there's will be condensation?

the razor is never in the bathroom, not even when it's in the mason jar.

God in the Quad

There was a young man who said "God
Must find it exceedingly odd
To think that the tree
Should continue to be
When there's no one about in the quad."

Reply:
"Dear Sir: Your astonishment's odd;
I am always about in the quad.
And that's why the tree
Will continue to be
Since observed by, Yours faithfully, God."

is the mason jar closed? can throw a dessicant pouch or some rice in there just in case?

you dont use water at all when you shave?

Much fuss and effort is made trying to avoid this rust monster.

Much of the fuss and effort is superfluous.

Rust is a real problem. However, steel is pretty resilient stuff, and it doesn’t take on oxygen very rapidly at human temperatures.

If you wipe the razor dry after use, and strop on leather, it will be just fine for a few days.

Of course, if you store it in a steam bath, there will be problems, but a bitty patina will not have a deleterious impact on the performance and will disappear after stropping and shaving anyway.

Top Bottom