What's new

is this normal?

is it normal to shave, getting a BBS shave then an hour and a half later have hair on your face? do i have an unusualy hairy face? :shaving::lol:

is it normal to shave, getting a BBS shave then an hour and a half later have hair on your face? do i have an unusualy hairy face? :shaving::lol:

Is it possible your shave wasn't truly BBS in the first place, resulting in a less than hairless mug some hours later? :wink::tongue:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would say it's possible... In my case, the BBS remains for a few hours usually...

A true, "flies slide right off your face" BBS usually lasts for close to 24 hours -- for me, anyway.

Ditto, 24 hours after a BBS shave I can barely feel/ let alone see stubble. If you can go from BBS to Sonny Crocket in an hour and a half you should check your back yard for dead livestock and look out for silver bullets. You're either a werewolf or a middle-eastern French Canadian. :biggrin: The good news is, you can probably get work doing GEICO commercials.

This is a normal effect of aging. Your hair is escaping from your head through your face. That is why your beard grows so fast.

You may be getting the best shave you can with your current setup, but you may be falling short of a true BBS shave. I agree with DunEdinRanger, the Slant may just be worth trying (though I am definitely biased). I hope for your sake that a BBS shave lasts more than a couple of hours. Good luck!

What is your prep like? Do you shave after a shower? If so, consider that your skin will absorb water over the course of a shower and will swell a bit with the added water content. When you shave you are actually cutting the hair at a higher level than you would if your skin hadn't absorbed water. Later, as your face releases moisture, the swelling will go down, leaving stubble exposed.

That or your a freakish Hungarian werewolf.

10 hours of a true BBS face, and I still look pretty much BBS but you can feel hair until about 18 hours, then until 24 you can see a bit in my mustache area and neck but cheeks still look fine.

This is a normal effect of aging. Your hair is escaping from your head through your face. That is why your beard grows so fast.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'd guess (only a guess) that you may not have found the most optimal blade for your face, yet. I can get what feels like a BBS, or close to BBS shave with certain blades, but I invariably have stubble within 4 hours. But when I shave with the Red IP, I don't feel stubble for 7-8 hours. Of all the current blades on the market, the red IP gives me the best shave, irrespective of razor--they work just as well in a Slim Adjustable as they did in the Slant.

Lots of variables on how long a BBS lasts.

I have a buddy who has hair everywhere. Even between the knuckles on his hands. He could easily shave twice a day. It would take me a month to grow the beard that he can grow in two days.

I don't know if it's normal but def possible. I had a friend that had to shave from is eyes to his chest. Most times twice a day if he wanted to look presentable all day, and he shaved ATG.

Hmmm idk but would the slant ne worth a try? I still dont actualy have a DE razor
Trying though thanks for youre imput by the way and acctualy my grandpa elwas french canadian...

Top Bottom