What's new

Is This Cream Normal?

Just received Moon’s Tobacco Flower shaving cream today. Different than what I’ve seen through dozen of other creams I got, this one has a lot of tiny white dots. Many of my other creams made of tallow too, but this is the first time I’m seeing this. Is this normal or this pot of cream just has not been properly processed or something? Sorry if this is a noob question. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 9201E5AF-DDE4-47D6-96B3-7AD23B653FB8.jpeg
    9201E5AF-DDE4-47D6-96B3-7AD23B653FB8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • B9DFA1F1-B627-4EA3-8AFA-BC2BC7F8183A.jpeg
    B9DFA1F1-B627-4EA3-8AFA-BC2BC7F8183A.jpeg
    943.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Just received Moon’s Tobacco Flower shaving cream today. Different than what I’ve seen through dozen of other creams I got, this one has a lot of tiny white dots. Many of my other creams made of tallow too, but this is the first time I’m seeing this. Is this normal or this pot of cream just has not been properly processed or something? Sorry if this is a noob question. Thank you in advance.
I think they sent you Cream of Wheat!

You should be good.

I'm not sure why or what it's about, but a lot of soaps come with white dots or even flower-looking dots. I don't know if maybe it wasn't mixed enough or what other reason it is but the soap always works just fine.

Remember that only the unasked question is a stupid one. Newbie questions are much wanted.

Thank you all. This is my first full month of switching over to wet shaving after decades of using cartridges (Gillette Fusion 5), so I have a lot to learn. I appreciate all your responses. I’ll give this soap a try and see what happens (not very convinced by it’s scent at first sight).

Thank you all. This is my first full month of switching over to wet shaving after decades of using cartridges (Gillette Fusion 5), so I have a lot to learn. I appreciate all your responses. I’ll give this soap a try and see what happens (not very convinced by it’s scent at first sight).
A suggestion is to try samples whenever you want to try new creams. Shave shops like Pasteur Shaving & Maggards offer samples for different products. And certain artisan soap makers such as Stirling also offer samples.

I can’t describe the scent, but it is somewhere along the line “from the butcher to barber” like the manufacturer describes this cream. It smells too “organic” to me and no where near the scent of fresh tobacco leaves or flowers (I grew up on a tobacco farm)…..

Welcome to B&B, Sir tranathi!
tobacco flower scent is somewhat delicate and could easily be overcome by other base notes.
but hope you get good shaves!
tell us, where did you grow up on a tobacco farm?

Welcome to B&B, Sir tranathi!
tobacco flower scent is somewhat delicate and could easily be overcome by other base notes.
but hope you get good shaves!
tell us, where did you grow up on a tobacco farm?

Hi sarimento1,

I grew up in a farm in Vietnam, from a region where we rotated between growing tobacco, peanuts, and rice. I’m still trying out different scents and I’ve been making a lot of “mistakes” so far, including this Tobacco flower one. Luckily, I just found out that TheRazorCompany is just 15-20 minutes away from my work. So, I’ll stop by their shop to see which one I like before making purchases from now on.

Top Bottom