What's new

Is this cell rot?

I have been looking for a dubl duck for a while for sentimental reasons, as my grandfather mentioned to me that's what his dad used to use. I found one today in my budget but I'm afraid to pull the trigger as I am uncertain is there is surface rust or the beginning of cell rot. Can I get your opinions please?
$_1.png

export-984c859e-5094-49d6-96af-ebe214101a55_1000x.jpg

Here is a picture of the other side. My gut feeling tells me that because the corrosion is only on the blade where it tucks in the scales that may be a sign of early stages of cell rot?

I’ve seen many cases. Just back away slowly , then turn and run.

Well I'm glad I didn't impulse purchase on this then. The hunt continues!
Impulse is usually met with regrets.
Yeah, occasionally you get lucky.

When in doubt, ask. Lots of razors out there. If your gut talks. Listen. Your instincts know.

I understand your quest. I’m a bit of a DD junkie myself. They float my boat.

I have been looking for a dubl duck for a while for sentimental reasons, as my grandfather mentioned to me that's what his dad used to use. I found one today in my budget but I'm afraid to pull the trigger as I am uncertain is there is surface rust or the beginning of cell rot. Can I get your opinions please?View attachment 1656909

There is a very nice DD on the buy forum. Not sure what your budget is but a nice Duck isn’t cheap.

There is a very nice DD on the buy forum. Not sure what your budget is but a nice Duck isn’t cheap.
I was watching the BST but I didn't see one. I'll have to go look again.

I'm thinking at this point I'll just save up and put a WTB ad in the classifieds. I'm skeptical buying one off the internet, especially ebay or others where they are "restored"

That's cel rot.

Looks to be salvageable...but you would want it cheap.
Extremely doubtful. That’ll never save.
And you’d still have to toss the scales . They are part of the distinctive look of a DD. Why?
To end up with a ruined blade.
In some blah scale?
Just find a nicer example.

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Agree, some of that pitting could be deep and there’s not much metal near the edge of a hollow razor. Look for a better one.

Top Bottom