What's new

Is this bow in blade a noticeable flaw?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I ordered the Frendrihan Scientist MK II and shaved with it for two weeks. It is a very nice smooth shaver, but I stopped using it due to the amount of weepers from the blade ends. I'd get one weeper a shave using it. I noticed from day one a slight bow in the blade where it bows down towards the center. Being one to pay no never mind I thought why not see how it goes, but my ocd say's no and has been driving me nuts. All my other razors the blades run evenly parallel with the safety bar or comb. The razor has a lifetime warranty from all manufacturer defects. I contacted Frendrihan through customer service with this photo (not the best) yesterday morning, and again today through their returns and am impatiently waiting a response. :001_smile Can you see the bow in this picture? Would it affect my shave as described above? Or, am I being to picky and just need to learn it?
Regards
Rave
18301201_10212501120099482_3942770356151856861_n.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Yep .. Its defective. Bad QC IMO. I had a cheap Chinese razor that bowed the blade like that & it took me to Nicksville.!
I agree and am wanting to love this razor so much with it being a full stainless steel razor for 39 dollars. It's now been over 24 hours and I hope Frendrihan responds in a good way and makes it right. If they make it right I will sing their praises. If not I'm left with a decent pretty heavy handle albeit a bit longer than my preference.

Their customer service is excellent. I have the Fendrihan faux horn razor (which also has a lifetime warranty) that was replaced after a month because the head stopped screwing in firmly. They replaced it free of charge and I got to keep the defective one. You will probably end up with an extra handle.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Update, They just sent me an e-mail showing they are preparing a shipment replacement head. The only problem is the replacement order is for a Frendrihan Zamak head and not the MK II Stainless head. I immediately e-mailed them back to point this out. Further updates coming.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Update, They have cancelled the zamak head razor and are sending the MK II Stainless! All free of charge and without the time and hassle of sending the defective one back!

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Their customer service is excellent. I have the Fendrihan faux horn razor (which also has a lifetime warranty) that was replaced after a month because the head stopped screwing in firmly. They replaced it free of charge and I got to keep the defective one. You will probably end up with an extra handle.
+1 On that. Their service is excellent...now fingers crossed that this new MK II head will be rockin' like I can tell it should be after using the defective one. :001_smile:w00t:

Great news Rave! And maybe a mystery solved too. Your experience with the MK II was a lot different than mine. Hopefully you'll find the replacement as smooth and mild as you were hoping (for me, though really smooth, the razor is a bit too mild, and the shim has really helped).

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Great news Rave! And maybe a mystery solved too. Your experience with the MK II was a lot different than mine. Hopefully you'll find the replacement as smooth and mild as you were hoping (for me, though really smooth, the razor is a bit too mild, and the shim has really helped).
Thanks Rob, I do think the mystery of the discrepancy of perception of the MKII is most definitely solved. I too like razors more on the aggressive side (being a bit of a Fatip fanboy). Once in a while I like to switch things up and go over to the mild side. I'm still hoping it's like my Muhle r89...maybe a little more.

IMG_3550.JPG
Thanks Rob, I do think the mystery of the discrepancy of perception of the MKII is most definitely solved. I too like razors more on the aggressive side (being a bit of a Fatip fanboy). Once in a while I like to switch things up and go over to the mild side. I'm still hoping it's like my Muhle r89...maybe a little more.
For what it's worth, mine is definitely not bowed like yours. You got some good advice here. Hopefully you'll receive a good one.

Top Bottom