What's new

Is this bow in blade a noticeable flaw?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
View attachment 791399
For what it's worth, mine is definitely not bowed like yours. You got some good advice here. Hopefully you'll receive a good one.
Thanks for the picture of what it should look like. I just received my MK II head in the mail yesterday. I loaded it up with an old Merkur blade I had lying around. The blade is straight and spot on! I'm finishing out my week with my Fatip Zebrano Gentile then I'll use my Scientist MK II next week and report back with pictures.

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thanks for the picture of what it should look like. I just received my MK II head in the mail yesterday. I loaded it up with an old Merkur blade I had lying around. The blade is straight and spot on! I'm finishing out my week with my Fatip Zebrano Gentile then I'll use my Scientist MK II next week and report back with pictures.
Glad it's better now! We'll wait for your report!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Here's pictures of my Frendrihan MK II with the new MK II head. I hope the picture with the blade that you can see how straight it is. There were other imperfections in the old head as well besides how it bowed the blade. This is a much a better head and now a very fine looking razor!
014.JPG
0052.JPG
0043.JPG
Shave report coming Monday using a PolSilver

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Just a simple shave report. I found the razor to be about the same with the "edge" taken off lol! It's pretty darn efficient and smooth. I did take it to as steep an angle as the razor allowed just for fun. I rode the safety bar and kept it so steep that the handle was virtually parallel with my face. Man can this razor go steep and with a lot of blade feel. Tomorrow I will let up on the steep angle some and just shave. I won't go the other way and ride the cap. I'm not a cap rider and if I ever wanted to be I'd fashion a Devette. Over all BBS in all applicable areas and DFS on neck. Feels like the stubble won't grow back anytime soon like with milder or less efficient razors. These are pretty much my thoughts: It is a mid range very efficient razor. It shaves the same as the head that bowed my blade except with that (cutting) edge being gone. It is easy to find the cutting angle and that range is wide with a lot of blade feel. Over all I'm liking it.
00068.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom