What's new

Is this Aristocrat legit?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Listing says it's "mint" never been used condition, but there's no box and it looks like it's been redone or replated or whatever. Is it possible that it's really been sitting somewhere in a safe and looks this good?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I do doubt it's actually a '46 as the knurling is like the later '48 so it must be from a transitional period.
Pic #6 shows marks as if there was a blade in there once. And where's the lacquer?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Definitely has been used at least once. Not replated though. Crazy price to me. Hard pass.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Out of my price range. Looks in good condition but not what I would call mint.

That sellers lists alot as "tucked away for years" now. I won an auction last year for a Fatboy I think from him. Transaction was good, and it was as described, one of the few buys I went full price on imo because of the auction option. His pictures are all similar in style now also, if I recall he included a hand written note on how to properly load and adjust the razor, so that is good. There was another seller describing how stuff as NOS, I and a few others had very bad buys from, eBay is a chance but they cover you pretty good now.

I just verified that I did buy from him , his description was spot on and had really good communication. He might be off or high on this one , I know nothing of this model but had a good buy from him. Here is a zoomed in eflea photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200402-073244.png
    Screenshot_20200402-073244.png
    392 KB · Views: 19
Top Bottom