What's new

is this any good ?

whal bay rum is it any good ?
as its cheeper than the pinuad bay rum and more in the bottle.
go on is it worth it.
s-l1600b.jpg
s-l1600b.jpg

If it smells like cinnamon,or clove it’s a winter bay rum. Check the ingredients list,if it has glycerin or glycol, it’s a dry weather splash, if it is an alcohol splash, use it in humid weather. The right bay rum, for the right situation.

Cheaper price and more in the bottle. How could it be anything but excellent quality?
I'd take a 1lb tub of Fraser's shave cream for $12, over any hoidy doidy $65/150g jar any day.

Expensive and small quantity doesn't always equal better. Look at the good old days when a giant bottle of Floids was $30.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'd take a 1lb tub of Fraser's shave cream for $12, over any hoidy doidy $65/150g jar any day.

Expensive and small quantity doesn't always equal better. Look at the good old days when a giant bottle of Floids was $30.

You are most welcome to enjoy any product you like. Honestly, I don't remember ever reading about Fraser's shave cream, and I've been on this forum for years. My guess is that it doesn't compare very well to the creams and soaps I read about all the time - but that's just a guess.

Personally, I have yet to find the elusive cheaper and better product. I find that shoes, wine, soap, suits, fountain pens, cars and most things improve in quality with the increase in price. If they didn't capitalism wouldn't be working.

There is unquestionably a higher cost for higher valued goods. Something that cost twice as much is not twice as good.

Obviously no one should spend more than they can afford. Beyond that I always recommend the following:

Never pay for quality you can't perceive.

Never pay for quality - even perceived quality - that you don't think is justified by the size of the price increase.

I find that $30-$50 wine is considerably better than $8 wine. If you can't taste the difference you would be crazy to spend more than $8. I've never had $100 wine, $50 wine is the limit of my wine tasting skills and I'm simply not happy with spending any more. Most of the time I'm closer to $25. We all draw the line someplace.

Everyone should use what they like. It doesn't matter what it cost or if anyone else thinks it's good. If you like it that's all that matters.

...Honestly, I don't remember ever reading about Fraser's shave cream, and I've been on this forum for years. My guess is that it doesn't compare very well to the creams and soaps I read about all the time - but that's just a guess...
Fraser's is a Canadian brand that has been around for decades. It's one of those products that is good value and works really well without any pretense.

@Atlantic59 @lurchbrian I can get it locally from a knife sharpening place, that supplies the local barbers. Cost me about $10 for the tub and I get to pet his cats that are walking around his garage, makeshift, store.

If you stick JM Fraser's in a Blenheim glass jar and gave it a fancy name and said it was LE, you'd be able to get $40/150ml and people would be raving about it

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

I really liked your use of the term, "hoidy doidy." Dressed up like some damn hot'n tot, and doused with some hoidy doidy $65 an ounce bat ****. 2 good 2 be 4 gotten.

Top Bottom