What's new

Is this an Ever-Ready Streamline?

I've got a couple of razors along with an Aristocrat case in decent condition fairly cheap and I think the Ever-Ready is a Streamline, but I could be wrong. The two other razors are Rocket HD and an Autostrop, which I don't know much of and i've heard that some of them take modified GEM blades or some special blades and i'm probably going to either keep it in my collection or just sell it, but I don't think they are worth much.

So what do you think about the Ever-Ready?

s-l1600.jpg
s-l16001.jpg
s-l16002.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Sorry, but the Ever-Ready is not a Streamline. It is a very nice British-made ER-1912 with an aluminum handle. I have one that came in a plastic case....it shaves very nicely, but it is not a Streamline and does not hold the same value. I'll be back in a moment with that particular model/package name....it escapes me at the moment.

I knew it was too good to be true, considering the fact that I don't know much about the Streamline models but I still hope that it's a good shaver and considering what i've paid for everything it's still not bad.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I knew it was too good to be true, considering the fact that I don't know much about the Streamline models but I still hope that it's a good shaver and considering what i've paid for everything it's still not bad.
The Everready 1912 gives a great shave where the Streamline is a different razor and the your technique has to be little different to crank out nice shaves(blade stops are set closer to safety bar edge). The 1912 is a nice mid range and hard to find a better razor IMO, I have 4 different variants of the 1912 & also own a Eveready Streamline.
Everready streamline razor 1949-53 2nd Gen-March 14 2019 (2).jpg
this a Eveready Streamline 2nd generation model.
Have some great shaves!

Not to add "insult to injury", but I believe this a "Bathroom Set" -- not quite as glamorous as the Streamline :sad:

Here's a thread on the razor and some more pics on this razor: British Made Ever-Ready 1912

No problem. The main reason for buying the lot was the box and when I saw the Ever-Ready razor it reminded me of a Streamline that i've seen and I was still going to buy them regardless and I thought that I might have hit the jackpot. The Rocket HD alone is worth a lot more than i've paid and there's also a pack of vintage blades as well, but I don't know of which brand and whatever they are still intact or not.

The only razor that I don't know what to do with it is the Autostrop, since i've heard that not all of them can be used with modified GEM style blades and since not many people are looking for them and their prices are very low, I might just keep it for the looks and nothing more.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
No problem. The main reason for buying the lot was the box and when I saw the Ever-Ready razor it reminded me of a Streamline that i've seen and I was still going to buy them regardless and I thought that I might have hit the jackpot. The Rocket HD alone is worth a lot more than i've paid and there's also a pack of vintage blades as well, but I don't know of which brand and whatever they are still intact or not.

The only razor that I don't know what to do with it is the Autostrop, since i've heard that not all of them can be used with modified GEM style blades and since not many people are looking for them and their prices are very low, I might just keep it for the looks and nothing more.
From what I can see of the Autostrop, it does appear to be a newer model, which ultimately means it takes a Valet blade. You can definitely buy modern Valet blades (from Feather).....I've heard they are great shaves, but the cost per shave can be on the high side since the blade purportedly lasts for only a couple of shaves. As for the Every-Ready, there are certainly GEManiacs (and that encompasses all GEMs, Ever-Ready's, Star's and Treets) such as myself, who would be thrilled to find a bathroom set -- which is why I have one. ;)

It does look like you did well with that haul....congrats!!!

From what I can see of the Autostrop, it does appear to be a newer model, which ultimately means it takes a Valet blade. You can definitely buy modern Valet blades (from Feather).....I've heard they are great shaves, but the cost per shave can be on the high side since the blade purportedly lasts for only a couple of shaves. As for the Every-Ready, there are certainly GEManiacs (and that encompasses all GEMs, Ever-Ready's, Star's and Treets) such as myself, who would be thrilled to find a bathroom set -- which is why I have one. ;)

It does look like you did well with that haul....congrats!!!

For whatever reason, I do find the ''Bathroom set'' name hilarious :D. I've read a bit about it a few minutes ago on another shaving forum and someone even call it ''the best British Ever Ready 1912 model of them all'' and I guess he has used a couple to compare them. I really hope that it would be just as good as my MMOC and MMCP models and I guess it wouldn't be as efficient or as aggressive, which might be a good thing.

G

Guest2023

Congrats on your new score!! Though the look, fit and finish of Streamline is better, I prefer British ER 1912 to ER Streamline as a shaver.

Top Bottom