What's new

Is this acceptable?

Got a new brush (1st one) and it has sprouted spider legs. Actually there are a few dozen crazy hairs that are sticking out instead of up into the bloom. I tried to get an adequate picture but I could only manage to get a few of the funky hairs to show up in the shot. I wan't sure if this was normal, acceptable, or a defect. It seems the hairs on a lot of the brushed pictured on the site seem to have tight blooms. If it is or will cause a problem I would swap it for another - just not sure it it really is an issue. The brush is a fine badger from AOS.
Steve

Based on personal experience, I would say that those were the ones that were growing in the badger's nose.:biggrin:

I thought I might be going overboard. I got an uneasy feeling from the store clerk (sell, sell, sell) so I thought I would make sure. Funny thing was the AOS brush seemed to come in a velvet sack at nordstoms but not at this store.

My brushes all do this, too. If it makes you feel better, the errant hairs all work just fine when they are wet and all lathered up, so there's really no need to trim them unless they bother you aesthetically.

Kyle - that sentiment is quite fitting given your avatar. So are you in Austin for school or work? I lived there from 90-96. It sure has changed a lot ----

Texas Bubba said:
Kyle - that sentiment is quite fitting given your avatar. So are you in Austin for school or work? I lived there from 90-96. It sure has changed a lot ----
I'm actually just South of Austin in San Marcos and work here at the university.

Ps - this is addicting. I got the brush and some AOS lavender soap last Saturday. Did love the soap. I bought some Trumpers Violet last Sunday. I was given a sample of Truefitt 1805 and it lathered better so I bought some yesterday. On the way home I stopped and bout 3 razors to try as I had never used an M3 or M3power. I think I still like my excel the best - though I'm buying an HD tomorrow - does it ever end????

Kyle said:
Based on personal experience, I would say that those were the ones that were growing in the badger's nose.:biggrin:

That's a whole other class of brushes I never knew about.

Tito

Texas Bubba said:
I got the brush and some AOS lavender soap last Saturday. Did love the soap.

Hi Steve. Glad you got to try the AOS soap with an unvarnished eye. While it doesn't seem to go on in this forum too much, in other venues AOS gets trashed thoroughly as being an overpriced, evil American corporation whose products are sub par compared to the Engish houses. I find this interesting as the AOS soaps and creams are MADE in England. Another point in favour of AOS is that they are only one of a very tiny handful of manufacturers(less than five counting AOS itself)that use real essential oils for scenting their shave creams. I don't know about the hard soaps. While the hard soaps are pretty pricey, the creams are right in there with T&H and Trumper. I honestly don't know where the overpriced label comes from. Try sniffing some of their lavender or lemon shave creams. Class all the way.

BTW, just get used to spending a good bit more than you ever thought you would on this stuff. It's over, got it? No more bargain bin stuff from Wally World. You've been bitten by the "Gentleman's Grooming Bug", henceforth referred to as GGB. You'll also catch yourself making up ridiculous abbreviations like I just did.:lol: :lol:

Regards, Todd

I would have to agree that the brush seemed overpriced at $100 but I have the oil and the soap smells good - I just like the creams better I think. The nice thing about AOS is that it is readily available. There are a number of stores that carry it here - though it seems that AOS sets the price.

I read that the EU is forcing all makes of shaving creams to use EO for scents. Don't know whether that's correct... The discussion was on Shaveblog.

Leisureguy said:
I read that the EU is forcing all makes of shaving creams to use EO for scents. Don't know whether that's correct... The discussion was on Shaveblog.
Michael,
Other than for comic relief, the Shaveblog is really irrelevant. There are no discussions there, merely pronouncements.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Ron's just mad that Corey referred to him as a "commoner".:lol:

Of course, Ron probably lost more stuff down the drain than the blogmeister ever tried.

ouch said:
Ron's just mad that Corey referred to him as a "commoner".:lol:

Of course, Ron probably lost more stuff down the drain than the blogmeister ever tried.
But then again Mrs. Greenberg's mistake must be a MEMBER of the new online peerage. No, sorry he's just a meanspirited nit.

Top Bottom