What's new

Is This A Really Good Deal On Noctua Chukka Boots?

Hi i am looking to buy my first pair of chukka boots and was looking for some budget options and i found these noctua chukka boots on amazon for only 50 dollars and i cant really seem to find these boots elsewhere at all and they are really nice looking boots. One issue though is the dark brown pair are 50 dollars and for some reason the black ones are 85 dollars and the tan ones are 120 dollars. I really want the tan ones but I feel like if i wait for those to restock and lower price maybe then the dark brown ones are gonna go up in price on me. Should i just buy the dark brown boots before they change in price? Does anyone know if these noctua boot prices are actually lower than usual or no? because 50 dollars sounds pretty low to me.

If anyone can show me some other good budget chukka boot brands to buy let me know because i am completely new to this. I want some chukkas in the tan color preferably.

These are the boots here.

I have noticed that shoe pricing on Amazon is inconsistent and widely varying. The same exact style will be sold at different prices depending on the size and color. Especially if it the previous years model (e.g. Brand X has released version 8 of their running shoe, but you are looking for last years version 7). I can only imagine this is due to supply and demand, where they may be trying to maximize the sales price as the stock runs low too fast.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
my first pair of chukka boots and was looking for some budget options

What's your budget for your "budget option"? With shoes ... ie leather shoes ... you get more and more bang for your buck as you go up to $200 ... $300 ... $400 ... but then things start to slow down in terms of the buck/bang ratio.

I really want the tan ones but

50 dollars sounds pretty low to me

I want some chukkas in the tan color preferably

For $50 you are not getting a "quality shoe". But you may be getting a decent shoe that will last a couple years (depending on wear factors you put them through) but not something you will say "wow great shoes".

... aaaand, you are not getting the colour you want. Are you just going to buy these and then turn around and buy the tan ones anyhow? It's fifty bucks wasted.

Or ... are you going to buy these and then say "screw the tan ones, I got shoes AND $100 in my pocket" and leave it at that?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
For less than $100 your best chukka option by FAR will be the Clarks Bushacre. Get it big enough to put in some insoles, because Bushacres have zero cushion or arch support. But the upper leather is pretty good, the rubber soles are very tough, and since its a stitchdown construction you could theoretically have it resoled (although that would probably cost more than just buying a new pair).

Top Bottom