What's new

Is this a problem (new Fatip Piccolo head)?

Last werk, I ordered a new gold Fatip OC Piccolo during a Black Friday sale from a well-known and respected vendor. When I received it today, I immediately placed the head on my gold Fatip Grande handle, which had been supporting my nickel Fatip OC Piccolo. In doing so, however, I noticed a pit/dent in the top cap. I can feel the roughness when I run a fingernail across the top cap. Is this a problem that warrants a return/exchange or is this not a problem?

I'm slightly concerned because the top cap is also showing the infamous overtightening ring. (The ring is faint but present within the far-right red ring in the picture below.) I'm wondering if I happened to get a razor someone had returned.

I haven't contacted the vendor, yet. If the combined wisdom here indicates this is a problem, I'll contact the vendor and seek an exchange.

F34B5F8C-C7EE-481C-92AF-119D707EFD76.jpeg

You could send that picture and describe your other concern, and ask if it met their own standard.

My nickel piccolo is similarly pitted and it doesn't bother me in the least and I love it. The gold plating would prompt me to make an inquiry.

I'm interested in other opinions as well.

...however, I noticed a pit/dent in the top cap. I can feel the roughness when I run a fingernail across the top cap. Is this a problem that warrants a return/exchange or is this not a problem?

I'm slightly concerned because the top cap is also showing the infamous overtightening ring. (The ring is faint but present within the far-right red ring in the picture below.) I'm wondering if I happened to get a razor someone had returned.
The pit is a defect and that alone should not have passed quality control; I would return it.
The ring on the cap is not necessarily a defect, it is the joint of the post to the cap and can be just visible on same caps. You cannot always get a perfect and invisible joint every time.

I wanted to provide an update.

I called the vendor (who couldn't have been nicer, by the way) and explained the issue to him.

He doesn't currently have any more of the Gold Fatip Open Comb Piccolo in stock (but should have some on the way) and had agreed to provide me with a discount for my next purchase from his site. In the meantime, he offered either to send me a RMA so I could return the pitted Piccolo to him or to refund me $10 and I would keep the pitted Piccolo. I chose the second route and figure I could always use it for spare parts.

In any case, thank you to everyone who responded. 🙂

Top Bottom