What's new

Is this a good SR? Rare? Hard to find? i want it bad

I was on the bay and i saw a razor i had to have, i need to know if its worth the price tag or not, im willing to spend a pretty penny for it but am i wrong?
47FD3017-6098-47E8-8722-050A8249C968.png

From the Terms of Use:

9. B&B is not an appraisal site. All B&B members, asking and answering, new or old, should be aware that B&B is a community of users. We appreciate the collection of items for their form and function, and valuation of said items is acceptable provided your intent is not resale. Any member which uses B&B as their value and/or identification service with intent to profit will have their membership removed. Any thread that asks for value or identification may be deleted at the sole discretion of the moderator team.

From the Terms of Use:
I apologize i hadnt thought of that i was more wanting to know if its a really nice razor to own, im not wanting to know how much to spend ill spend whatever i want on it i wanna know if its a good razor to own or a rare razor a high quality razor

1 and 3 obviously trash. That L shaped , umm , crack?
It’s that questionable just walk away. It ain’t all that great to have a headache you’re stuck with. Unless you can find some other person to dump it on. And that ain’t right to cover your mistake.
Hundreds others worth perusing. Don’t get caught up in it and have buyers remorse.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Why do you "have to have"? A lot of work will be required. Looks don't shave.

If you have the good skills in SR grinding, the left one could be ground back to a rather short shortie. The middle one with crack is toast. The right one could be ground back to a very narrow ¼ hollow.

I suggest that you pass up on this offer. There are plenty of other SRs available.

I think the TOU stuff was covered.
But yeah, asking for an evaluation is not permitted.

If you can't tell that middle blade is cracked, then you don't know enough to say you 'have to have it'.
:0)
Learn first, spend later. There's plenty of fish in the sea.

I’ve been trying hard to hold my tongue and be gentle.
But yeah . That’s garbage at a glance.
Learn to read the landscape and forget your “oh I love this and wanna have it” outlook.

That spells nothing but trouble. No one razor is worth this.

Why do people sell these? yes one can grind, one can reshape. But just because I found it/them at the bottom of a box in an attic in a haunted house for free. These become workshop tools, or experimental blanks. I would be embarrassed to think of selling them. Not every old bit of shagged history is a gold mine.

If you have the good skills in SR grinding, the left one could be ground back to a rather short shortie. The middle one with crack is toast. The right one could be ground back to a very narrow ¼ hollow.

I suggest that you pass up on this offer. There are plenty of other SRs available.

No matter what your “skills” not one of them is worth the time or trouble to even consider bothering with. I would like to think have some skills but why consider it for a newbie?
To get the one in the right to begin working you’d have to thin the spine to what? 1/8”? To have a 3/8 inch useless blade? And a full size tang?
The center with a major crack in the middle ? Can’t be fixed.
The left ,, buy it to make a shortie?
I don’t understand. I was attempting to be gracious. But you don’t fix items beyond fixable. They’re destroyed. Why consider it?
It’s just my take on it.

Last edited:
I think the TOU stuff was covered.
But yeah, asking for an evaluation is not permitted.

If you can't tell that middle blade is cracked, then you don't know enough to say you 'have to have it'.
:0)
Learn first, spend later. There's plenty of fish in the sea.
Well said . I agree. If you don’t know what you’re looking at , you need more education. Don’t buy it no matter how much you think you have to have it. Even if it makes your little heart go pitty pat. Bad form. Learn your product. Then proceed appropriately.

Oooh! Vintage cutthroat razor,,, Sweeney tod from Pakistan. Yours for only $19.99,,,

Ad nauseum

Last edited:
Top Bottom