What's new

Is this a gillette psycho?

I'm wondering because it looks so much different than any other psycho I've ever seen! I will only open with a key and I don't know of any other razors that open with keys except the psycho.

There are 2 stamps underneath the razor head that have a triangle and DB inside a circle.

Sorry it's such a dud picture.

Attachments

• $IMG_2954.jpg
    $IMG_2954.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 471
Don't believe so, but it could be a knock off made for the same purpose tho'. Better pics and pics of the markings might help.

Jay

Don't believe so, but it could be a knock off made for the same purpose tho'. Better pics and pics of the markings might help.

Jay

Agreed. Sounds like a psycho, looks like a copy. But, this may be a Canadian variant that looks different to the others that we usually see.

If this is a for sure knock off I'm going to be steamed! I was sold this razor by another member here as a gillette psycho!

These are the best pics I could get, I couldn't however get a pic of the DB or possibly D8 triangle logo. It's very tiny and hard to read.

Attachments

• $IMG_2961.jpg
    $IMG_2961.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 373
  • $IMG_2962.jpg
    $IMG_2962.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 371
If this is a for sure knock off I'm going to be steamed! I was sold this razor by another member here as a gillette psycho!

These are the best pics I could get, I couldn't however get a pic of the DB or possibly D8 triangle logo. It's very tiny and hard to read.
best thing to do is when you get it, is to post up some clearer pictures, I'm sure if he says it is what it is, then it is what it is, why say it is genuine if it's not? you'll find out eventually.
It's always so hard to really identify when the photo's are a tad blurry.

It's clearly a psycho-lock razor of some sort, but I've never seen a Gillette that looked like that. There were other companies that made psycho-lock razors for prisons and institutions, though. Here's a Grafco that I've got. Some of the Grafcos look more like a Merkur HD, but I've never seen a Grafco that looked like yours either.

You'd be surprised at how many people are sold things that they all believe to be the genuine article and their wrong. There's people that have stuff in their families for generations that are fakes and they don't know.

That base plate does not look like a Gillette Psycho. Also, that is not what the Psycho key looks like, at least not one that I have seen.

But, like I said before, this may be an odd Canadian variant or simply one that I have not seen before. I would tend to give members on the BST the benefit of the doubt, until given reason to believe otherwise. Do you have a link to the original listing? Perhaps then we can get some more info, or even a better picture. That may very well be a Gillette, I just have not seen any info thus far to make me believe that it is.

OOPS! I just re-read the listing and it only says psycho razor not Gillette at all. However I would still like to identify this razor

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Here are some pictures of a Gillette Psycho Tech. It is very different from the one in your pictures.
$Psycho Tech 3.jpg $Psycho Tech 4.jpg

$Psycho Tech 1.jpg $Psycho Tech 2.jpg

i picked one up like this and it has a logo on the bottom that appears to be a circle and triangle with the letters DB.

I'm wondering because it looks so much different than any other psycho I've ever seen! I will only open with a key and I don't know of any other razors that open with keys except the psycho.

There are 2 stamps underneath the razor head that have a triangle and DB inside a circle.

Sorry it's such a dud picture.
That razor was made on contract for a prison somewhere. They are no longer used anywhere that I know of.

Top Bottom