What's new

Is this a '46-47 Aristocrat?

Good evening everyone,

I just received this one in the mail. I'm new to Aristocrats so I just want to make sure I'm identifying it correctly.

$Aristocrat1.jpg$Aristocrat2.jpg$Aristocrat3.jpg

While the case has seen better days, I was pleasantly surprised with the condition the razor is in.

Thanks for the help! And Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to you all!

Yes, Nemo is correct as usual. I think you will also be pleasantly surprised with the shaves too. They are one of the finest razors ever produced, in my opinion. I have 5 of these '46/47 Aristocrats. I love them. A very classy razor. Congrats on the score, and enjoy your shaves.

Yes, Nemo is correct as usual. I think you will also be pleasantly surprised with the shaves too. They are one of the finest razors ever produced, in my opinion. I have 5 of these '46/47 Aristocrats. I love them. A very classy razor. Congrats on the score, and enjoy your shaves.

That's good to hear. I'll make it my razor for this upcoming week.

I just finished the test drive, and I must say I'm very glad I bought this razor. After a quick Scrubbing Bubbles cleaning, it can now be described as eye candy hanging on the stand. It's too soon to rank its performance against the other razors I've tried, but it is definitely toward the top of my list. Thanks again for the identification confirmation nemo and Morman Bridge.

I just saw one not half hour ago in an Antique mall for $65. Prices there have certainly gone up so I had to pass. You'll like the way it shaves OP. Congrats on a nice pic up.

I changed blades from Personna to Astra SP and that really brought this razor to life. Some passes were so smooth it didn't even feel like I was using a blade.

Congratulations on your razor! Where did you find her? I know that my '46 Aristocrat is one of my favorite razors to use. Also, try a Gillette Silver Blue in her if that blade works well for you. Like silk!

Congratulations on your razor! Where did you find her? I know that my '46 Aristocrat is one of my favorite razors to use. Also, try a Gillette Silver Blue in her if that blade works well for you. Like silk!

I just ordered some Silver Blues to try out so I'm looking forward to that combination.

I picked her up on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1950-S-GILLETTE-ARISTOCRAT-USA-SAFETY-RAZOR-Blade-Bank-w-Box-/251398547742?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=L4jLQBwAJTd6tcaFIJrkces5%252FZ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It was a bit of a gamble with one picture and not much write-up (not to mention that's the most I've paid for a razor so far). Some lacquer loss but the plating is perfect as far as I can tell.

Nice. Be sure and let me know how the Silver Blue blades work for you!

Very nice razor. I'm really glad you found a nice one on eBay that didn't shoot for the stars in price. The ones that I've seen can go for quite a bit. Congratulations!

I haven't tried the new blades yet, but I did make the case a little prettier:

$CaseRestore.jpg

I had originally planned on going with cream to match the upper part, but 1) the fabric shop didn't have the right color and 2) I thought it might not display the gold as well.

Top Bottom