What's new

Is this a 1946 Milord?

I just received a Gillette Milord that I’m trying to identify. Smooth band, has end caps, no notch, no date codes—1946 Milord and not a Ranger Tech? How aggressive is it (compared to, say, a flare tip or ranger techs)? Thanks!

1573020328037.jpeg
1573020350731.jpeg
1573020371364.jpeg

Yes, that is a 1946 Milord. It is basically a gold plated Ranger Tech so shaves the same. I have one of those and a 1941 Ranger. I find them to be better shavers than the regular silver flare tipped superspeeds. Slightly more aggressive/efficient. I also think they look better too, due to the handle, but others may not. Personal taste..

Thanks everyone! I went through a bunch of threads last night trying to figure things out (which is the only reason I was able to guess 1946), but I wasn't sure. Looking forward to shaving with it soon.

2 shaves in with my Milord.

Shave #1 - Polsilver Super Iridium. Possibly fake blades, as I will more than occasionally get a blade that isn't particularly sharp or effective. Disappointing shave.

Shave #2 - Trashed the Polsilver, threw a Feather in. Excellent shave - smooth, close, comfortable. I need to compare this to a flare tip, but it is a nice razor. I suspect that this is what the razor is really like, and my problematic first shave is due to a problematic blade.

Grippy handle, looks as nice in person as in the photos. Highly recommended.

Top Bottom