What's new

Is this a $115 brush?

proxy.php

Muhle

I don't know but it sure is pretty!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20220929_143053_1.jpg

I have this Kosmo STF same knot, bog oak handle. I absolutely love it, I paid €60 for it and I'm glad I did. Don't know if I'd pay that much for the Purist, the plain black or white handle goes for €66 in Europe and the wood for €105, that seems like a lot of markup for a bit of wood, but if you like pretty things...

I was hoping for comments from people who knew about this brush, not likes because it's a pretty photo.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I would say, yes. This is a very nice piece of wood, guess Masur Birch and also a complex metal-wood-metal handle.
The wood is probably resin stabilized, and the handle is tapped inside and the top and the bottom metal part is held together with a screw type. I am guessing here, but I have seen handles similar in make-up. If I was in the market, yes I would pay this much for it. Some are happy with a $7 synthetic brush, others spend $271 on one. YMMV as we always say here.

I would say, yes. This is a very nice piece of wood, guess Masur Birch and also a complex metal-wood-metal handle.
The wood is probably resin stabilized, and the handle is tapped inside and the top and the bottom metal part is held together with a screw type. I am guessing here, but I have seen handles similar in make-up. If I was in the market, yes I would pay this much for it. Some are happy with a $7 synthetic brush, others spend $271 on one. YMMV as we always say here.
Thanks for your thoughts, Rudy. I could actually get it for $103.50 shipped but still...

proxy.php

Muhle

I don't know but it sure is pretty!
Have a look on the Muhle site at the two reviews for the badger version of this brush. They were mixed, one positive review with the other highly negative implying that reality wasn't as attractive as the picture. Agree the picture looks nice.

Have a look on the Muhle site at the two reviews for the badger version of this brush. They were mixed, one positive review with the other highly negative implying that reality wasn't as attractive as the picture. Agree the picture looks nice.
Yes, and returns are a hassle and at my expense. However, they have the lowest prices for their gear that I can find. I don't need it at ALL but it is a pretty photo. :)

Yes, and returns are a hassle and at my expense. However, they have the lowest prices for their gear that I can find. I don't need it at ALL but it is a pretty photo. :)
Yes it is pretty and most of us are indeed well beyond shaving equipment and supplies need. Have seen the pictures of your shave den and, based on the image, the brush would definitely enhance your collection.

P.S. Did you get your Wee Scot yet?

Yes it is pretty and most of us are indeed well beyond shaving equipment and supplies need. Have seen the pictures of your shave den and, based on the image, the brush would definitely enhance your collection.
It would be the centerpiece!

OK, I won't pay that kind of money for any brush, but it is beautiful. Well, I wood consider spending it for my wife, but not for myself. A quality power tool? That is a whole different story. 😁

Top Bottom