What's new

Is there such a thing as TOO easy?

Have you ever used a wetshaving product or piece of equipment that works so well it makes shaving too easy?

This thought occurred to me the other day. For me, that product is AoS soap. All I have to do is put a brush somewhere nearby and it explodes with great lather. It's too easy. BTW, I just got done with two months of Speick; a great soap in its own right.

I think I get more joy out of a slightly worse, or harder to use, product. :confused1

My Schick L-1 Injector. I learned to shave with one a long time ago and it is still one of my favorite razors. It shaves smoothly and closely without much effort at all.

No such thing... If it's easy, it just means you can put in more effort to move it from perfect to beyond perfect.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I agree about both the AoS soap and the Schick L-1, and I'll add the TM 'Notovan' strop to the list.

i suspect this is why people insist on going back and trying to lather williams. they don't want shaving to be TOO easy!

For me it's Tabac, my first shaving Soap given to me by my Grandfather 35 years ago, and he threw in the Tabac AS for good measure. Thanks Gramps :angel:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Ill add the new Feather AC SS. It's the closest thing to a magic wand...wave it over your face and presto...BBS shave.

Muhle R89 razor.

Very smooth, comfortable and efficient. "Easier" than any other razor of any type I have ever used.

Have you ever used a wetshaving product or piece of equipment that works so well it makes shaving too easy?

This thought occurred to me the other day. For me, that product is AoS soap. All I have to do is put a brush somewhere nearby and it explodes with great lather. It's too easy. BTW, I just got done with two months of Speick; a great soap in its own right.

I think I get more joy out of a slightly worse, or harder to use, product. :confused1
You know if the lathering is too easy you could always compensate that by shaving with a more awkward tool then a DE :whistling:

Too easy: any Schick Injector, and the Trac II/Atra.

Using an Injector is so easy it feels like cheating. I think you would be hard pressed to argue that the DE is a superior design with it's wide room for error (due to having to set your own angle, whereas it's built into the Schick).

And the Trac II is very reminiscent of an Injector.

Top Bottom