What's new

Is there such a thing as a truly FRAGRANCE FREE shaving soap?

Fragrances trigger migraines for me, so I stick to shaving soaps and creams that are fragrance-free, and which have little or no scent from the base ingredients. My favorites are:
  • Paula's Choice PC4MEN Unscented Shaving Cream
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street Organic Shaving Cream
  • The Art of Shaving Unscented Shaving Cream
  • Van Der Hagen Unscented Luxury Shave Soap
Taylor of Old Bond Street (which has a store on Jermyn Street in London) is a UK brand, and so may be reasonably affordable for you to have shipped to you in the UK. The Van Der Hagen has a light scent in its base ingredients, but it doesn't trigger my migraines, so I've been able to use it; it's a bit thinner and more soap-like than the other three.

Plug your nostrils with cotton and everything becomes scent free.
All sincerity aside, there will always be a slight scent to any scent free soap. Unfortunately, the inherent scents found in the ingredients can't be hidden.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I use unscented MdC and I've never detected a scent, but it is soap. I don't know if you can make soap that doesn't smell like soap.

Its possible to do fragnance free soaps, but still basic soap does have its own scent. Basic soaps scent is hmm very mild, and it goes away in few minutes, and its allergy free, so it does not cause skin irritations.

I dont know if someone does fragnance free soaps... I recommend making own shaving soap, its not that hard, borrow an book froom library. You can do fragnance free.

I use unscented MdC and I've never detected a scent, but it is soap. I don't know if you can make soap that doesn't smell like soap.
To me it smells stronger than the Original MdC. It smells like their marseille handsoap. So yes it smells like soap. I was surprised it smells stronger than the scented original shaving soap.

Top Bottom