What's new

Is there such a thing as a truly FRAGRANCE FREE shaving soap?

I don't particularly care about the ingredients, I just want a good shaving soap that has NO AROMA whatever.

To date I've tried two "unscented" soaps and one "no fragrance" soap... and ALL of them certainly do have a fragrance/aroma. I guess I have a "sensitive" nose. I'm hopeless at describing scents, but probably too darned good at smelling them. :001_rolle

Do such things exist, or am I searching for a unicorn?

I mean no smell at all. :yesnod:

Yep, my "sensitive" nose is very aware of that.
The closest I've sampled is Soap Commander Integrity(?). Very few ingredients, all veggie. It has a little coconut oil and shea butter in it but there's barely any scent. Maybe I'm not as sensitive to scents.

shavefan

I’m not a fan

I don't particularly care about the ingredients, I just want a good shaving soap that has NO AROMA whatever.

To date I've tried two "unscented" soaps and one "no fragrance" soap... and ALL of them certainly do have a fragrance/aroma. I guess I have a "sensitive" nose. I'm hopeless at describing scents, but probably too darned good at smelling them. :001_rolle

Do such things exist, or am I searching for a unicorn?

There was, XPEC unscented though it was a cream. @shavefan said that it had the scent of a black hole, lol.

MdC unscented comes very close.

Absolutely. Xpec unscented is the only truly "unscented" shave product I am aware of. Indeed, its jar seems to act like a black hole for scent. None escapes.

I’ve tried 4 “unscented” soaps and 3 of them had no added fragrance but could smell the ingredients or base of the soap. PAA Scentsless (CK-6) is the only one I’ve tried that has no odor. PAA sells a small sample of it if you want to try it to confirm it works for you and won’t break the bank. Plus the performance is top notch.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I have acute dermatitis. I'm always on the lookout for unscented soaps. Soap commander Integrity and Captain's Choice unscented are pretty dang close to truly being unscented.

Many thanks for all the replies guys, appreciated. :thumbsup:

BTW, I'm in the UK, so once shipping is added to the (made in USA) suggestions... this experiment gets kinda expensive.
Xpec unscented is the only truly "unscented" shave product I am aware of. Indeed, its jar seems to act like a black hole for scent. None escapes.
Thanks for that @shavefan. Unfortunately the Italian XPEC Unscented appears to be "out of stock" everywhere I've looked. I've left my email address with Shaving.ie for when it's back in stock (I attempted to do the same with Gifts&Care but they tell me that my email address is invalid :001_rolle).
PAA Scentsless (CK-6) is the only one I’ve tried that has no odor.
Thanks Brad. I've emailed Doug/Fran to check if that's truly the case (with their experienced noses).

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I love the smell of the Simpsons' "Unscented" Luxury Shaving Cream they were giving away with each purchase for several years (looks like it's finally gone). Smelled like pansy. Unscented pansy, of course.

I have acute dermatitis. I'm always on the lookout for unscented soaps. Soap commander Integrity and Captain's Choice unscented are pretty dang close to truly being unscented.
Make your own ( or get your wife /gf to do for you )

Research soap ingredients in general and only use ones, that alleviate your skin issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom