What's new

Is there such a thing as a Gillette Ranger Tech GOLD?

Or are they Milord (1st model)?

I am a bit confused.......

And if there is a Ranger Tech Gold, how does one differentiate between it and the Milord?

Thanks

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Gillette don't seem to ever mention a Ranger Tech finished in gold. The Ranger Tech was manufactured in 1941 only.

It could be possible for an owner of a Ranger Tech to have one gold plated aftermarket.

As stated by romsitsa the 41 Milord and 41 Ranger Tech are pretty much same razors. The Rangers Tech only made in 1941 while the Milord was produced in three different models in 40-41, 46 and 47. Below a comparison of a 1941 Ranger Tech and 1946 Gold Milord. Tech 53.7 g. Milord 54 g. Tech no marking upper blade tray but markings lower blade tray & lower band. Milord markings upper/lower tray but none lower handle band. Tech & Milord both have un-notched safety bar (with wings). Tech and 41 Milord no End Caps but 46 and 47 Milord has Caps. Both (all) beautiful but my favorite the Ranger Tech. Somewhat confusing I hope i got it right.

IMG_9352 (2).JPG
IMG_9425.JPG

Thanks for the good information provided. I bought one razor sold as "gold" Ranger Tech, but before biting the hook I came to the conclusion it was a Milord. I already have what would be the 3rd gen Milord which I don't use much.
Well tonight I will try this new (to me) Milord and hope it shaves good. BTW it was sold in a Ranger Tech case....

Attachments

• PXL_20220410_191421859~2.jpg
    PXL_20220410_191421859~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20220410_191500507~2.jpg
    PXL_20220410_191500507~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
I have to report the first shave with this razor. I had read here that the Ranger Tech was a good razor but was a bit worried if this was going to be as good. As I mentioned I have a 3rd gen Milord and that one as I remember is pretty mild (haven't used it in 2-3yrs).

Well this one was really a good razor, excellent head and face shave, very close and no irritation. Used an Astra green, as this one was out, but had a Polsilver and another just in case as backup. Happy to have bought it and shaves as good as my Sheraton and similars.

I love my 41 Ranger. As you said, it consistently give me close shave with little to no irritation which for my neck skin is an accomplishment. Thinking about getting it replated, but it's just a thought at the moment.

Gillette don't seem to ever mention a Ranger Tech finished in gold. The Ranger Tech was manufactured in 1941 only.

It could be possible for an owner of a Ranger Tech to have one gold plated aftermarket.
I believe that there was a rare 1946 Ranger Tech with end caps.

Top Bottom