What's new

Is there some commonality to St. James soaps

I liked the sampler I got quite a bit, but my wife didn't like any of them at all. Despite them smelling quite different to me, is there something I am not picking up on that would give her such an adverse reaction?

Sir tknx, I also enjoy the St James soaps (actually, mine are creams). The scent of the soap dissipates pretty fast, so, unless you're adding the cologne, your wife might not even detect the scent after your shave.

And, FWIW, my wife really doesn't care for most of my shave scents; she thinks most of them smell like pine sol!

st james sandalwood bergamot kent schulze tuesday april 27 2021.jpg

She was complaining for 2-3 days after I used it once. So something about it really bothers her. Oh well.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I also had the sampler pack (the one with both creams and aftershaves) and though there was something common to all the scents, but not quite sure what it was.

I found the SJoL scents to be very long lasting (cream + aftershave). Specifically, when I used the tobacco and tonka bean, I could smell it for about 4 hours later. I do have a strong sense of smell, but this is after taking a shower. Maybe I got some in my nostrils or something.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
She was complaining for 2-3 days after I used it once. So something about it really bothers her. Oh well.
I have the cedarwood clary sage. I think it is a wonderful scent. It's stronger but goes away on rinsing. But each nose is different. I once bought a giant sampler of Stirling soaps. What that did for me was convince me if I was to ever buy a full tub, it could only be the UNSCENTED! Axe is lightly scented by comparison.

Top Bottom