What's new

Is there anything better than getting new shave gear in the mail?

Got some Speick deo, shave cream and a shave stick in the mail today....which I was not expecting for about another week. It is like Christmas.

Ya, I know, found mMenes feather artist club SS waiting on me. Earlier than expected from Italian Barber, had a great after work got new stuff shave tonight.

Ya, I know, found mMenes feather artist club SS waiting on me. Earlier than expected from Italian Barber, had a great after work got new stuff shave tonight.

I'm waiting on a teak handled SS, had to come from Japan (via member Telly) to get the teak handle, so the longer wait is killing me!

My plethora of purchases is starting to roll in, and I am stoked! It's like Christmas.....

This is why I like online shopping in general. I usually forget what I've purchased thus every package is a pleasant surprise. But if that package contains shaving products, even better.

Whichever hobby you are into, there is a saying relating to happiness is something in the mail.

For amateur astronomers the saying is "Happiness is a new eyepiece in the mail".

The problem with shaving is that all the basics are so relatively cheap, that happiness seems to be unbounded with what comes in the mail.

Even a Feather Stainless steel razor is cheaper than what I used to spend on quality eyepieces.

I've got 7 or 8 creams and two soaps I haven't used yet.
Cheers,
Renato

So tell us. What is it????
I made a trade on the forum and received a tube of GFT coconut and an Arko shave stick. I purchased Mike's barbershop and lemongrass. I bought the new formulation of Proraso menthol soap, the aftershave splash, and the sandalwood cream. I also bought 100 feather blades and the Razorock artisan third eye.
SHAVE HAUL! :thumbup:

Receiving stuff in the post is nice, but for the experience I much prefer being able to purchase items in a brick and mortar store. Sadly, this is not always possible but in either case, new shave gear always brings a smile to my face.

Whichever hobby you are into, there is a saying relating to happiness is something in the post.

The problem with shaving is that all the basics are so relatively cheap, that happiness seems to be unbounded with what comes in the mail

Amen! When I was deep into my other hobbies, everything had a few extra zeros on the price tag compared to shaving.

It's great but then I realize how much I am spending. I need to avoid the BST but find myself always wandering in for a peek.

It's great but then I realize how much I am spending. I need to avoid the BST but find myself always wandering in for a peek.

If you ever want to make yourself feel better about the B/S/T page, take a gander into a vintage Rolex forum. When you see people bragging about the $7k "steal" they just bought, spending a few hundred on shave gear won't feel so bad.

The only better feeling is receiving mail without really knowing what you ordered or what might have shipped that fast. I got a package today and I have no idea what it contains so I'm going to go pick it up in just a moment :w00t:

Amen! When I was deep into my other hobbies, everything had a few extra zeros on the price tag compared to shaving.

Dead right.
A tube of shave cream doesn't cost as much as a new telescope eyepiece, a new camera lens, or a new rifle scope - but it's just as much fun exploring its characteristics.
Regards,
Renato

Last edited:
Had two new tires put on my car yesterday. They landed on my front porch Monday via UPS.

Other than that, there's a stick of Irisch Moos on the way from Germany. Yeah, it's kinda like Christmas, until I see the credit card statement.

I like to order stuff and i like opening packets but then there is other side of coin. Like yesterday I got some shaving stuff via mail and then there was some samples of Speick products and now it seems I must order some shower gel, deodorant stick and some shaving cream because I liked scent a lot. (my poor wallet I make it suffer too much) :biggrin1:

Top Bottom