What's new

Is there anything better than getting new shave gear in the mail?

the only thing better than getting new gear in the mail is getting it inside and tucked away before the wife notices you bought more stuff

New guy here, virgin post. :) How do you think I feel? I've never shaved with a DE in my life. I've been researching this stuff for months now, and after doing all the research, I decided on a 34C, Tweezerman brush, and TOBS Avocado cream. I ordered it all from Amazon with free Super Saver shipping. While they're usually pretty good about getting stuff out quickly even with SSS, this time they decided to make me wait almost a week before shipping the stuff out. It should be here any day now though! :D

Jose

Anything better than shaving supplies in the mail? Here are a few:

proxy.php

9k=

proxy.php

2Q==

proxy.php

2Q==

Please assume nothing from the order in which they were placed...except for Sophia Vergara being in first place.

fyi, a few pics did not post. I included puppies, children hugging their dad and Macallan's 30 year old scotch. let's just keep the record straight.

proxy.php

Please assume nothing from the order in which they were placed...except for Sophia Vergara being in first place.

fyi, a few pics did not post. I included puppies, children hugging their dad and Macallan's 30 year old scotch. let's just keep the record straight.

I once tried to get Sophia Vergara in the mail... but instead I received a restraining order. :sad:

Jose

Receiving stuff in the post is nice, but for the experience I much prefer being able to purchase items in a brick and mortar store. Sadly, this is not always possible but in either case, new shave gear always brings a smile to my face.
+1 - I am fortunate that the Groom Room here in Ames has quite a selection. Troy is OK with me sniffing the products and handling the razors before I buy. This was very helpful when I was choosing soaps for my nephews back at Christmas. It just makes it tough to not break from the 2012 SPP Sabbatical every time I go in for a simple hair cut.

Agree.
I've been mail ordering things since I was a kid 30 years ago: 8 track tapes and records long ago, to cassette tapes to CDs. Bicycles, skateboards and bike parts that couldn't be found locally. Guitar stuff. Fishing gear and so on. That was all before the internet.

There will always be a special place in my heart for the mailman/UPS/Fedex guy.

Is there anything better than getting new shave gear in the mail?

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES..... SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU... .HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF THEIR WOMEN...

Brief Conan moment there. Yes.. I can name several hundred better things. But getting the new DB 1.0 scuttle in this week was pretty cool.

I love getting new stuff in the post, I live in a rural area so anything you can't get in a supermarket tends to come via the internet. Today I'm expecting 100 med preps and two 500g tubes of old-formula green Proraso. :thumbup:

Agree.
I've been mail ordering things since I was a kid 30 years ago: 8 track tapes and records long ago, to cassette tapes to CDs. Bicycles, skateboards and bike parts that couldn't be found locally. Guitar stuff. Fishing gear and so on. That was all before the internet.

There will always be a special place in my heart for the mailman/UPS/Fedex guy.
Back then, there were ads in the back of hobbyist magazines. All you needed was an 800 number and a credit card. If what interested you wasn't in the ad, you could ask them to send a catalog.

proxy.php

9k=

proxy.php

2Q==

proxy.php

2Q==

After a lovely shave, our hero climbed the mountains, fished and hunted.

Getting the Parnis in the mail was great for a Watch Day, then the Super Speed another day made a great Shave Day.
I love America!

I'm still a noob but waiting on some products:
new arko stick (I like the lather and mash it then sprinkle menthol on it with water)
razorock la famiglia soap (not the tubby) - second soap experience - next to arko stick
new proraso sandalwood cream (my co bigelow is getting low)
trying the new gillete 7 oclock blades. only tried derby and crystal blues.
gave away my old brush (no name bristle from a gift kit) and getting an omega 63173 pure badger. fingers crossed on this one. i had a budget on the purchase so,,,,, and i just hit the bigelow drug store to pick up some of the new proraso aftershave and some oils. I'm psyched. I missed the mail today but picking it up at lunchtime. wooooooo

I've got a blade sampler, a gin and tonic shaving cream sample (plus a few other goodies), and a silvertip badger from Whippeddog all coming in the next few days.

proxy.php

9k=

proxy.php

2Q==

proxy.php

2Q==

+1

Having just returned from LaJolla, there must be a beach reference here somewhere as well--of course everything comes after Sophia Vergara(well, maybe not Selma Hayak).

It is awesome getting new gear in the mail. SWMBO all ways give me a hard time about getting new stuff, but I love it. It is also a double edge sword though, because there is nothing worse than the wait after you click "Place Order"

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
the only thing better than getting new gear in the mail is getting it inside and tucked away before the wife notices you bought more stuff

:lol:

I once bought a new (well old milsurp, actually) rifle, got it in the safe and left it there for about 9 months. I took it out one night and started disassembling and cleaning it.

Wife: "Did you get another new rifle?"

Me: "No, dear, I've had this for a while now!"

I felt guilty, but it worked!

I've probably placed an order for one thing or another once a week for the past 6 weeks. Currently awaiting a new boar brush (first time trying one), and a 100 count of Personna "Lab Blue" Double Edge Blades. The honeymoon period with SWMBO just ended, as now she's starting to question why I would need 6 razors, 8 shaving sticks, 3 shaving bars, 2 badger brushes, 5 different aftershaves... you get the gist of where this has gone. Usually the conversation goes something like, "Woman!...You just don't understand, I need all these things (as I begin stashing items in drawers, before she notices the latest acquisition). You like the way my face feels don't you? I can always stop shaving. By the way, I have noticed that your make up bag seems to have a few extra items since last I peeked at your side of the bathroom. Is that a new eyeliner, or is that the one you purchased at the store last week?" Silence ensues thereafter, and I"m back at my laptop ordering something new. :drool:

Top Bottom