What's new

Is there anyone who uses Arko exclusively?

Not that close, million is more musky, Arko is sweeter, I prefer the arko scent however it only lasts about an hour. Great in the summer. The black and blue one is my second favorute with the black and orange last.

Not that close, million is more musky, Arko is sweeter, I prefer the arko scent however it only lasts about an hour. Great in the summer. The black and blue one is my second favorute with the black and orange last.

Black is inspired from Black XS, the Platinum not sure, Blue is Cool Water. Orange (Comfort) just smells like generic deodorant to me, not a fan of that one.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I used it exclusively for three or four years. It is a very good soap but I guess I just got bored with it. I still have several sticks - good for travel.

There are far better options out there with better ingredients who benefit the skin. And for about the same cost.
From my experience, Arko really dries the face. Not to mention most people can't stand it's scent.
YMMV of course and if you like it, I'm the last person to tell you to do otherwise.

I agree. Arko is way to drying for the face.

Arko is the most famous cheap urinal cake
proxy.php
shaving soap on the market.......

May the Arko urinal cake
proxy.php
force be with you.

So... I may have bought a case of 12 Arko off amazon because why buy 2 when you can buy 12 for under $12 right?!? Opened one up tore it in two and smashed it in my OS mug. I should note I have hard water and even so I had copious amounts of beautiful lather being whipped up in my shave bowl. I noticed the lemon scent at this point but when I started to paint it on my face.... well it didn't stay on long enough to meet a razor.

I've heard people bash soap scents and I've never met one that I just flat out hated ... until Arko (I even love Tabac). It's totally subjective and I can see why someone sing it's praises especially at it's price point. But what a polarizing scent. And now I have 11 sticks under my sink. A PIF may be in order. Any Akro loving takers?

So... I may have bought a case of 12 Arko off amazon because why buy 2 when you can buy 12 for under $12 right?!? Opened one up tore it in two and smashed it in my OS mug. I should note I have hard water and even so I had copious amounts of beautiful lather being whipped up in my shave bowl. I noticed the lemon scent at this point but when I started to paint it on my face.... well it didn't stay on long enough to meet a razor.

I've heard people bash soap scents and I've never met one that I just flat out hated ... until Arko (I even love Tabac). It's totally subjective and I can see why someone sing it's praises especially at it's price point. But what a polarizing scent. And now I have 11 sticks under my sink. A PIF may be in order. Any Akro loving takers?
I wasn't a fan of the arko scent, but it wasn't too bad performance. Now tabac I have yet to try... That I should rectify soon. Also, la toja is very much on my list to try.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I love Arko. It's all I use. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Reminds me of Ivory soap, with lemons!

FarmerTan

You need to give it another shot, or two. Some, very few, folks actually get irritated by it. I have a face like horsehide, and a little horse faced, in all honesty! But try it again, and again, then...if you don't like it, maybe we can do a trade?

Have a few sticks of it (10), but I like using the puck more. I also do Derby Sticks and Pucks. Do a lot of Williams for shaves as well. I lather before bed with the sticks. For some reason it helps me sleep, helps with the next morning's shave, and all around just cleans up the dust and sand from the day, especially if I don't have time for a full before bed shower.

I love Arko. It's all I use. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Reminds me of Ivory soap, with lemons!

The one time that i used Arko a few years ago, the same thing happened with my wife, who already thinks that i have become an imbecile caveman for going back to wetshaving. I had the bathroom door open, she was passing by, she stopped, sniffed, turned to me and told me: "Have you gone completely out of your mind? Are you shaving with Marseille's soap (laundry soap) now?" :001_302:

FarmerTan

The one time that i used Arko a few years ago, the same thing happened with my wife, who already thinks that i have become an imbecile caveman for going back to wetshaving. I had the bathroom door open, she was passing by, she stopped, sniffed, turned to me and told me: "Have you gone completely out of your mind? Are you shaving with Marseille's soap (laundry soap) now?" :001_302:
We musta married sisters!

Top Bottom