What's new

Is there anyone here who prefers cartridge to DE?

You must be giving the oversees names for the Schick razors...not familiar with which models they are. Prior to getting on the DE kick, I was thinking about finding a Schick Tracer handle, as Tracer blades can be had at Wal-Mart for bargain prices.

The Tracer FX is a Wilki' brand, of course, it's that one...About the Pivot i was trying to find a pic but it's difficult...

After using Atras for years, my new favorite is Personna TracII clones loaded into a Bump Fighter handle. Has decent weight and the Personna blades give me a very smooth shave.

Only problem is that the cartridge slips to the side sometimes.. maybe if I used pliers to adjust the "tracs" it will hold tighter...

The Tracer FX is a Wilki' brand, of course, it's that one...About the Pivot i was trying to find a pic but it's difficult...

Good luck finding a Tracer handle. I have a packet of Tracer blades, too, but I doubt I'll ever be able to use them.

I pretty much have used the DE since Jan. of this year. I'm 46 and have used either cartridges or disposables my whole life. In the late 70's, DE's were already phasing out. I learned on my old man's cheap-*** Good News razors.

When the Sensor came out, I bought one and that's all I used. I still think it's one of the best razors ever and I can't remember getting any bad shaves with it. I did not care for the Mach 3.

If I had to I could go back to the Sensor and be happy. But I really enjoy a DE shave. Lotsa choices these days..

Marty E.

My experience exactly.

I was talking with Dad this past weekend and he talked about DE's, saying that they nicked your face more and that's why people used aftershave. He loves his Sensor.

I prefer DE's, but I'm pretty visual and I love the heft and look of a nickel-plated Gillette. The shave is pretty good, too, but it's mostly in the technique. I never really learned to shave correctly until I picked up DE's.

Last edited:
I prefer DE blades. However, I travel to Portland once a week by plane for an overnight trip. I use a disposible there so I can carry on my luggage. I still use a brush and a shave stick.

Weekly? C'mon! Surely there must be a place there that you could stash some DE blades.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I really liked the shaves I got with the Schick FX Diamond twin blade cartridge. However, they are not available any more. There is no cartridge that captures my fancy any more.

I've only been DE shaving for a month, but have yet to find a combination of blade and Futur setting that gives me a shave as smooth as a Fusion. I'll keep trying until my sample pack of blades is gone, but I'm not ready to give up on the cartridge. The very first shave from a Fusion cartridge is nothing short of magic, to me.

I'm trying to forget about cartridge razors... Makes me a happier person.

Some of my friends get really good shaves from them though.. Probably depends on your skin type and how much you want to spend..

I really liked the shaves I got with the Schick FX Diamond twin blade cartridge. However, they are not available any more.

All this chat made me pick my own Diamond this morning (nice industrial design, it should be said...) a new cartridge on and...were we go!! BBS smooth!!

I hope this kind of nonsense (discontinuating blades) will not strike here...:bored: They are still available at a regular price of € 10 a pack of 4.

I deffinantly like DE over, cartridges, but im not goint to say that i don't get a great shave form an M3. If Im in a hurry I will use and M3 for my third and final Pass, the ATG pass. I did it this morning, a I am running off the the airport in a couple minutes.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
All this chat made me pick my own Diamond this morning (nice industrial design, it should be said...) a new cartridge on and...were we go!! BBS smooth!!

I hope this kind of nonsense (discontinuating blades) will not strike here...:bored: They are still available at a regular price of € 10 a pack of 4.

Great shave. The Diamond was the only cartridge that I could actually get a full week of shaves from one cartridge.

Anything with more than two blades has never been comfortable for me.

Top Bottom