What's new

Is there any way to leave a minimal length of hair unshaven?

Hi, are there any safety razors and/or blades that allow to leave some minimal length of hair unshaven, e.g. 0.4 – 1.0 mm? I’m asking because I have acne and would like to minimise irritating the epidermis with a razor as it increases the oiling of my skin.

Thanks for your response. I have Philips OneBlade with 1.0 mm comb but unfortunately I'm not very satisfied with it's precision.

I have the Philips 5000 beard / stubble trimmer for when I have facial hair and it worked really well. The smallest attachment was 0.4mm

I use a Phillips OneBlade without the guard on my head and regularly the beard as well. When no pressure is applied, irritation is minimal.

There is also a body comb set for the OneBlade that may be closer, but safer, for very sensitive skin.

I keep seeing TV ads for the Solo electric trimmer. From the ads I get the idea that it can be set to leave stubble if you want. It must be possible; seems like every male celebrity nowadays needs a real shave.

proxy.php

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Hi, are there any safety razors and/or blades that allow to leave some minimal length of hair unshaven, e.g. 0.4 – 1.0 mm? I’m asking because I have acne and would like to minimise irritating the epidermis with a razor as it increases the oiling of my skin.

The short answer is "yes," but usually that's considered to be a bug, not a feature. :biggrin1:

I've used a number of razors that do exactly that for me. The problem is that YMMV thing -- what "worked" that way for me may not for you. That said, however, I suspect that a mild razor with a solid bar, a known mild blade and minimal blade gap and exposure would probably be the hot ticket for you.

O.H.

I dont believe theres any razors that do that but you certainly could use a clipper that would give you a stubble beard like that. The Norelco One Blade is actually quite good at maintaining a short stubble beard.

While it might be overkill if you don't intend to shave your face closely, eventually you may appreciate it some day. Rockwell 6S with (the mildest) plate 1 leaves a good amount of stubble behind for me. I don't think it's possible to get a close shave with it. Could go cheaper and get the chrome version (6C) which is the same razor without the stainless.

Top Bottom