What's new

Is there any way to get it right?

D

dangerousrazor

I've purchased a lady injector with hydro magic. The condition seems not bad. But the head is a bit loose. It rattles if I shake it a little. Is it normal? If it isnt, is there any way I can repair it?

20190818_010255.jpg 20190818_010301.jpg 20190818_010313.jpg

The razor head slides into the handle, which was once a tight fit. Looks like there's a pin of some sort holding it on. If you can get some epoxy glue down in there between the handle and head, it should snug things up.

The razor head slides into the handle, which was once a tight fit. Looks like there's a pin of some sort holding it on. If you can get some epoxy glue down in there between the handle and head, it should snug things up.
I might also see if you can shim it tight with a toothpick or two before you epoxy it. That might provide a better hold than just epoxy.

When you shake the razor, what is rattling? The blade? Or the little lever handle that opens the hydromagic function? The lever handle will shake slightly as it is loose on the black plastic bit that actually provides all of the force to close the hydromagic part up. If the rattling is coming from the blade itself, I don't think you'll be able to fix it. Too many moving parts inside that type of razor to get all of it snugged back to factory tightness. If you open the hydromagic feature the blade should remain in the razor as well, held in place by two pins. I guess those could come loose in theory which might mean the razor is usable if the blade is otherwise snug when you put the blade in. You just wouldnt be able to use the hydromagic feature. Don't know if any of that was helpful. The TL;DR - if the hydromagic lever is what is rattling, that's fine and normal. If it's something else, it isn't normal and may make use dangerous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wow! I had no idea how complicated that simple lever was.

If you like the razor otherwise I suggest you buy a replacement. They're cheap. It's not normal for a razor to rattle.

None of my hydromagic's rattle.

D

dangerousrazor

Thanks for the advice. I've never used epoxy glue before. Need to browse through how to use it. :)

D

dangerousrazor

I might also see if you can shim it tight with a toothpick or two before you epoxy it. That might provide a better hold than just epoxy.

I want something relatively permanent. Shimming a toothpick between the gap seems too temporary :)

D

dangerousrazor

When you shake the razor, what is rattling? The blade? Or the little lever handle that opens the hydromagic function? The lever handle will shake slightly as it is loose on the black plastic bit that actually provides all of the force to close the hydromagic part up. If the rattling is coming from the blade itself, I don't think you'll be able to fix it. Too many moving parts inside that type of razor to get all of it snugged back to factory tightness. If you open the hydromagic feature the blade should remain in the razor as well, held in place by two pins. I guess those could come loose in theory which might mean the razor is usable if the blade is otherwise snug when you put the blade in. You just wouldnt be able to use the hydromagic feature. Don't know if any of that was helpful. The TL;DR - if the hydromagic lever is what is rattling, that's fine and normal. If it's something else, it isn't normal and may make use dangerous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It's the head that rattles. I think I can use it without hurting myself. but I don't want to for now :)

D

dangerousrazor

Wow! I had no idea how complicated that simple lever was.

If you like the razor otherwise I suggest you buy a replacement. They're cheap. It's not normal for a razor to rattle.

None of my hydromagic's rattle.

I have too many razors..... 60 or something. 10 or more injectors alone. No more purchase at this moment. :)

Top Bottom