What's new

Is there any I Coloniali Mango left???

I understand I Coloniali halted production on their mango oil soap some time ago, if I’m not mistaken. But is there none of this stuff left in the world. I’ve been looking for it for years it seems, and I can never find any. Is it just all gone, for good?

Never mind, my friends. There is still some floating around and I am being generously PIF’d some. I greatly appreciate the kindness and warm-heartedness of of the community here. And if the soap doesn’t work for me, rest assured I will send it on to another to try.

Its cool to see the community helping eachother. I also try to pass on soaps that arnt getting much love, some of them have become daily drivers for other people. YMMV they say and we all have our preferences.

When I heard it was being discontinued I bought a jar of soap and a refill. I placed them next to each other in a quiet corner of the den hoping they would make little baby jars. No luck so far, but I remain hopeful.

When I heard it was being discontinued I bought a jar of soap and a refill. I placed them next to each other in a quiet corner of the den hoping they would make little baby jars. No luck so far, but I remain hopeful.
Do they have enough food and water?

You never know which direction a thread might go. Is that soap is slick as some of the reports I've heard?

You never know which direction a thread might go. Is that soap is slick as some of the reports I've heard?
I've just a very small sample, and have only used it once. But from what I can tell, yes it is a nice slick soap. And I don't get what I have heard from others about how it stinks like an old lady's' purse, I happen to really enjoy the peppery-musk notes of the soap. It certainly smells like nothing else I have owned before, and I am very happy thus far. I'm a complete idiot for never having purchased this soap while it was in production, as now I absolutely love it and will never be able to find it again. Love, 'tis the way she go.

I've just a very small sample, and have only used it once. But from what I can tell, yes it is a nice slick soap. And I don't get what I have heard from others about how it stinks like an old lady's' purse, I happen to really enjoy the peppery-musk notes of the soap. It certainly smells like nothing else I have owned before, and I am very happy thus far. I'm a complete idiot for never having purchased this soap while it was in production, as now I absolutely love it and will never be able to find it again. Love, 'tis the way she go.
Well buddy we all have hindsight at times. Have you found a soap you like thats almost as slick, that is available?

Well buddy we all have hindsight at times. Have you found a soap you like thats almost as slick, that is available?

My current go-to for an always consistent performance is Saponificio Varesino Cosmo. I shave primarily with straights so slickness and cushion is a must for me, and SV always delivers consistently. Otherwise, I can sometimes similar results (slickness) from MWF or Cella, and other times not (my face-lather technique being the blame I suppose). I hear that Tabac is quite slick as well, though I have never tried it.

My current go-to for an always consistent performance is Saponificio Varesino Cosmo. I shave primarily with straights so slickness and cushion is a must for me, and SV always delivers consistently. Otherwise, I can sometimes similar results (slickness) from MWF or Cella, and other times not (my face-lather technique being the blame I suppose). I hear that Tabac is quite slick as well, though I have never tried it.
Thanks!

I just used mine again today, I don't use it often but when I do I wonder how such a great product could be discontinued..

I bought a sealed pottery type container of it several years back and even have a sealed spair plus some type of balm I think and have yet to take it for a test drive, this was back in the day when I thought I would go thru a puck a week of soap and splash so you bought and rat holed like It was the end of the world.

I have heard great things about it so in 2019 I am getting into it

I bought a sealed pottery type container of it several years back and even have a sealed spair plus some type of balm I think and have yet to take it for a test drive, this was back in the day when I thought I would go thru a puck a week of soap and splash so you bought and rat holed like It was the end of the world.

I have heard great things about it so in 2019 I am getting into it
You are lucky you did this while the opportunity was available. I have scoured everywhere and it is literally unavailable, the ones who stocked-up prior to the discontinuance are not letting it go (and for good reason). Enjoy it, my experience with it has been great, thus far.

You are lucky you did this while the opportunity was available. I have scoured everywhere and it is literally unavailable, the ones who stocked-up prior to the discontinuance are not letting it go (and for good reason). Enjoy it, my experience with it has been great, thus far.

My plan is to more than likely give away all the soaps I am currently using so I can open up all new soaps and splashes, I literally have so much soap and splash thinking I was going to run out but there is no foreseeable way that will happen and I shave every day and have barely put a dent in what I am using now.

I used the last of mine some time ago and have an empty crock sitting in the corner waiting for the day I get my hands on another puck

Top Bottom