What's new

Is there any aftershave you stock up on?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I currently have two bottles of Superdrug Forest Fresh, as there was a deal on where the second was half price. I'd probably do the same with Nivea Sensitive if I saw a similar deal.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Speick and Lucky Tiger. Always make sure to have reserves of those two. If I could find a deal on Ogalalla I would stock up on that too.

I stock up on Chatillon Lux, Maol Grooming and Declaration Grooming aftershaves. I've got two or three bottles of many of them.

I have multiples of Fine American Blend and I bought the 7oz jug of PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum. I also refill my Proraso Red from the barber size bottle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LOL the only A/S I have more than one of is my alum block because I needed to get over a free shipping threshold and so bought two.

I feel like an under achiever.

None that I stock up on because we’ll always have Old Spice.

Don't people complain that today's old spice is different from how it used to smell? I seem to remember guys going to Family Dollar to buy a knockoff because it smelled more like "Old Spice" than Old Spice did about a decade ago. Because a product will always be here doesn't mean the product you like will always be here.

Swiss Pitralon. I travel to Switzerland to visit my wife's relatives every couple of years. I always come home with half a suitcase full of Pitralon. I've still got 4 or 5 bottles in my stash. It's hard to find and expensive here in the U.S. It's cheap and readily available in Switzerland.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Don't people complain that today's old spice is different from how it used to smell? I seem to remember guys going to Family Dollar to buy a knockoff because it smelled more like "Old Spice" than Old Spice did about a decade ago. Because a product will always be here doesn't mean the product you like will always be here.
Well, SOL it smells the same to me and I’ve used it for 50 years or more. The only significant difference I’ve noticed is that is much tamer than the older stuff and I think it is much better for it. I had to drive with a guy from Atlanta to Birmingham back in the 70’s and thought I was going to suffocate before we got out of the car. It is much more civilized now but the scent is the same.

No duplicates yet in my splashes, but I'll buy all of the 9 or 10 I have again when they run out. Currently my only duplicate is Nivea Sensitive A/S balm.

I have a number of different splashes to add to my stock before I start contemplating duplicates.

I only use distilled Witchhazel as a splash on after shaving - not the greatest fragrance, but it does do wonders on settling the skin immediately after shaving.

Other than that, i had started using (by chance) the excellent Nivea sensitive post shave balm before it became so popular - i knew it was something special when it was bought to my attention that ladies on the Internet were raving about using it as an amazing face cream, outperforming ones costing ten times as much.

Its often half recommended price in supermarkets here, so i can get a bottle for £3 or £4 - total no brainier really -fantastic the way it just soaks into the skin and goes to work immediately.

Fragrance wise, the one i have always liked for a night out (remember them ?) is Issey Miyake aftershave lotion and the accompanying edt and shower gels etc

I had to drive with a guy from Atlanta to Birmingham back in the 70’s and thought I was going to suffocate before we got out of the car.

While I've only used a few balms and splashes so far most don't persist for very long. I'd like to find a subtle pleasant "keeper" scent but I am *terrified* of being that guy.

Proraso red & green (Barber Bottles)
Floid Vigoroso (Barber Bottle)
Pitralon Swiss and German
Old Spice (Indian)

I feel fortunate, as being in the UK, the European A/S's that I enjoy are easy to secure and are relatively inexpensive, but not as inexpensive as they are in their country of manufacture. I also enjoy Speick, Pashana and Ralon aftershaves but have not stocked up on these yet, rather I am awaiting the opportunity to purchase and stock-up when in-country, although with COVID that may not happen anytime soon. I know what I like now; none of them are what I would call boutique or luxury aftershaves, and would rather have multiples of these products in case they go out of production. There is already some uncertainty over Floid and the Old Spice Indian formulation has changed yet again. And with protectionism and tariffs now the order of the day, I am not sure these products will remain so affordable outside their country of manufacture.

Top Bottom