What's new

Is there a shaving soap/cream for female DE-shavers?

Art of Shaving used to have a cream that was marketed at women; pink packaging, mild rose scent. Otherwise the same as the other creams I believe.

My wife likes to try my soaps and creams. However, she has a knack for picking ones that get discontinued.

For example, she liked Kaloderma, but it was discontinued . She used up my last tube, then switched to The Real Shaving Company's Sensitive Shave Gel. Well, after she used up my supply of that, I found that they no longer distribute it here (in Canada).

I hope that she doesn't try LEA Classic or some other soap that I happen like. Seems like the kiss of death if she gets her hands on it. :eek:

Anyway, one soap that she's pondering is Tierra Mia Organic Shaving Soap For Women. They sell it on Amazon, as well. Reviews seem reasonably good. She might give it a try after she polishes off my Proraso White. :confused:

Mine gravitates towards creams because she finds them easier to lather. She started with recommendations from Casie Maggard on their page. The latest was GFT Violet, which she loved.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Soap and creams are gender-neutral.....one likes a certain scent, others not.
Whatever the female likes as the scent should be working for her.

Female here. I have about 50 soaps and creams, most of which I acquired in random lots on BST. The only scents I have run across that I don’t enjoy (obviously just my nose) are bay rum and the ones that are heavily smoky.

Two of my favorite lines from Europe are Wickham and Esbjerg.

He is a Thai Bangkaew We got him in Thailand and brought him back to Australia (3 months in quarantine:07:)
he's a good dog but hates the winter in Australia

Barriester & Mann once made a shaving soap for women, called Velvet. quite nice floral, too sweet maybe for me (latha base)

How about Arko:001_302:
I have a friend who says his wife really likes Arko.

I would say that any soap that you like would be fine, which puts you in the same dilemma as the rest of us.

Personally, I like trading soap samples around at meets. You get to smell them first and get first hand impressions from the people that own them.

Sure some scents overlap, but there's definitely scents that is more male or female oriented. Is it possible to misgender a soap?

That's a man soap though. See above :001_302:

Social Justice Warriors would have a field day if they heard you assuming Tabac’s gender.

This is quite a touchy subject. I believe there is 58 human genders. But it changes all the time.

So does that mean there are 58 soap genders too?

But we can’t force our own human gender beliefs upon a bar of soap. It’s up to soap to decide it’s own gender variations. Maybe soap identifies with a far greater spectrum of genders than we humans do. It could be in the hundreds.

Or it could just be a bar/puck of soap who anyone can lather, despite the aroma. Even an androgynous non-binary cisgender pansexual shoe can lather Tabac if he/she/they/it pleases.

Talbot has a pre-order going for a new soap called Grace and is donating the money to ovarian cancer research, can't go wrong giving this one a try! I pre-ordered one for my wife, only available at West Coast Shaving. Her favorite soap is Scrumtrulescent from Declaration Grooming (she is a huge fan of coffee and chocolate).

I'm in the process of having my Mrs ditch cartridge razors for the benefit of DE safety razors. :302:

A touchy subject in my house. My wife claims to still have scars on her legs from a DE shave gone wrong in the 1960s when we were dating. I still remember watching a hockey game in her apartment while she bathed & shaved after work, so I can attest to how red her tub water was when I heard her yell and went in to see what was wrong. As I remember, it was from a blade she hadn't tightened down all the way.

Some 10 years ago, I made the mistake of offering to get her a Lady Gillette and she made it quite clear that shaving with another DE was never going to happen. In our years together, you learn to pick your battles and DE shaving isn't one I could win. Fortunately, she doesn't care how much I spend on wetshaving, because she feels that the more I spend on shaving, the less money I have to spend on silent films. She'd rather see a box of my shave gear on the porch than another bloody 5-7 hour silent film.

I gave my stepmother a jar of GF Trumper's Rose shaving cream (found it at the flea market) and from what I heard, she really liked it.

Top Bottom