What's new

Is there a EU-made artisan shaving soaps?

Yes, but there is a big War coming 😉

" Soap wars II " - Eastern Thrace is Europe too.

The war goes on!

Arko_Shave_Soap_Stick2.jpg

Now was there a rumor of arko searching for a soap making plant outside of turkey…. It could make arko European again…

I'm not sure if Saponificio Varesino (as amazing as it is) qualifies as "artisan", they are a pretty big company.

A few other companies that I haven't spotted (note: I haven't used all of these so suggest you do some research before purchasing!)

- Arran Aromatics (Scottish. creams and balms are excellent, I have a soap but not tried it yet)
- Scottish Fine Soaps (Scottish)
- Esteem (English. Similar to Arran, I have a soap but haven't tried it. Most feedback is that it's s good base but the scents are VERY weak)
- E&S Easage Traditionnel (French. I have some samples, but not got round to trying)
- Grön Lycka (Swedish)
- Laugar (Sweden)
- Løthur (English)
- Saponifficio Annamaria - Benessere Naturale Shaving Soap (Italy. I have one of their soaps but yet to try it)
- The Goodfellas' Smile (Italy. Not sure if they count as "artisan" or not)
- Abbate y La Mantia (Italy. A bit of an odd one, they grow saffron and then send saffron to TFS to make a soap with. Again, you guessed it, I have a soap but not got round to trying it!)
- Lainess (French. Made in collaboration between Le Pere Lucien and Assinerie de la Vioune donkey breeding farm using donkey milk from the farm)
- Nordic Shaving Company (Finland)
- Osma Tradition Shaving Soap (France. They made a traditional soap and a soap that has Alum in it. Not sure if this is considered "artisan" or not. I have the traditional soap but I've not got round to trying it :laugh:)

from Italy:

Saponificio Bagnoli
Boellis

from Germany:

Meissner Tremonia

from England:

Phoenix & Beau
Wickham

Quite a few really good Euro artisans are no longer in business, unfortunately.
I
I'm a big fan of all of those (bar Boellis which I have yet to try).

Phoenix & Beau also use tallow which is starting to become a rarity in EU/UK soaps these days!

De Vergulde Hand is the oldest commercial soap in existence. It’s been around over 450 years. 😊😊

Rick
En nieuwe extra fris is een verbetering / and the new extra fresh is an improvement!

But he asked for artisinal soaps….
And just as tabac vgh is not

Many thanks to those of you who have been sharing your knowledge in this thread. When I started wet shaving in 2016, I used US artisan soaps for years, but had too many skin irritations (that I initially thought were razor related). So a while back I switched to an all "foreign" soap regimen and things have been really excellent. THat said, I had been somewhat limited in my soap rotation using only Eufros (Spain), Laugar (Sweden) and Macduff (Canada).

When I had just finished another tub of Eufros (Sirio), based on recommendations here, I ordered E&S Rasage Azur, Westman Ribalta and Phoenix and Beau Albion, and all three soaps performed beautifully across my range of current razors and left my skin feeling really fantastic.

Top Bottom