What's new

Is there a cheaper version of the King C Gillette blades?

after someone mentioning the gillette light blue platinum i ordered some.
so far i can not find a real difference between them. and my futul is picky. both shave the same. sharp out of the gate, smooth, forgiving easy, no irritation but a 10c versus 40c difference.
and the light blue is different compared to other known gillette blades for me even different to the dark blue platinum.

so is it a rebrand? Possible in my book.

This mirrors my experience. My face cannot find a difference between the KCG and light blue platinums. To me they are both excellent blades.

Your images conflict with what my face tells me, at least in regards to KCG vs Platinum. The KCG is way smoother. I am intrigued by the Perma Sharp though. I don't believe I've tried them but the edge looks very smooth.
The Perma-sharp blade is one of my favorite blades. I have not tried the platinum yet. I am not able to tell any difference between the KCG and the Perma-sharp. I would not be surprised if they are the same blades with a different coating.

I tried the king c gillette for the first time . It's a very smooth, sharp blade..not quite as sharp as the nacet but smoother..For me feels like a new gillette blade..I've tried most of the gillette blades mentioned in this thread except for the new gillette platinums that come in the 30 pack.

I know I posted this forever ago and then got busy with life. I just wanted to thank everyone who suggested the Gillette platinum in the light blue boxes. I just got a 50 pack of them and Those to me perform as good for a fraction of the cost, at least on the first shave. I guess I will find out about the longevity in time. Even if they don't last as long, I am still happy with the performance to price ratio.

Last edited:
Those plats are very good for me.

When I got my KCGs they were mostly added while in line using an in-store coupon.

Eventually I’ll get around to using them again, but all my blades now have extended life since incorporating SRs into my routine

Top Bottom