What's new

Is there a black Edwin Jagger DE89L?

I was just wondering if anyone new if there is a black Edwin Jagger DE89L. I really like the look of a black razor and I'm looking to sell or trade my black Gillette adjustable as I just haven't used it much. If anyone knows more about the EJ and could let me know, it would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

The black handled DE89L is a DE86. There is also a ivory colored DE87, last there is the regular DE89 which lacks the vertical line pattern in the handle (L = lined, not long). All of these razors share the exact same head, only the handle is different. :thumbup1:

The black handled DE89L is a DE86. There is also a ivory colored DE87, last there is the regular DE89 which lacks the vertical line pattern in the handle (L = lined, not long). All of these razors share the exact same head, only the handle is different. :thumbup1:

Yes, that's it. The DE86 and 87 are faux ebony and ivory, respectively (sing it to yourselves...) - basically smooth plastic laid over the metal core of the handle. I have the 86 and love it. Grip is no problem, even when wet.

I have the ebony EJ Chatswoth - wonderful razor! I also have an ivory Rooney that looks a lot like a Chatsworth but is slightly heavier. I'd recommend either one.

I got a DE89L from best grooming tools. It's a little slick when wet, and I'm starting to wish I had gotten the Ivory, or the Ebony. It has a nice head though.

I like the look of the handles (I bought a Muhle R106 several months back), but because they're completely straight and have no knurling, I don't like the feel of them at all when wet. Way too slippery. So that's why I put the wonderful head on a Parker horn handle that has a Chatsworth-style shape. Much more ergonomic and secure in the hand.

The horn handle is incredibly light though, sso the head makes the razor off-balance. Doesn't really affect the shave but sometimes I wish it had more heft similar to my Slant.

Top Bottom